How To Make Bhringraj Oil For Hair Growth [Video]

Bhringraj oil and hair growth are almost synonymous in Ayurveda. It is one of the widely used hair oils to to promote hair growth, to improve hair quality, to relieve split hairs, grey hairs etc. Let us learn today a simple way of preparing Bhringaraj hair oil.

Before you start –
I have derived this formula on my own. You are free to add or delete any ingredient. If you want my help in deciding your formula, I will be glad to guide you.
I have given the quantities in ml. I also have given the quantities in parts. If you are not familiar with ml then just calculate the quantities in parts. You can consider 1 part = 1 ounce. If you have

What you need?
Bhrinagraj hair oil

Coconut oil – 500 ml (10 parts) – Usually hair oils are also prepared with sesame oil base. But coconut oil is the preferred choice.
Cow milk – 250 ml (5 parts) – cow milk comes with nutrition and we want to add that nutrition value into our hair oil. Remember that for all Ayurveda medicine preparation, whenever milk is told, pre-boiled milk only should be taken.
Grated coconut – 200 grams

Herbal powders:
Amla – Indian gooseberrypowder – 50 grams (1 part) – rich in anti oxidants and must have in all hair oils.
Bhringaraja – Eclipta alba – another must have in all hair oils.  – 50 grams (1 part)
Yashtimadhu – licorice powder – 50 grams (1 part)
Triphala powder  – promotes natural hair colour. Also useful to relieve skin diseases of the scalp and to relieve dandruff – 50 grams (1 part)
Aloe Vera – pieces of leaf – 25 – 50 grams (1/2 – 1 part)
Hibiscus flower paste –25 – 50 grams (1/2 – 1 part)

How to make?
It involves 2 parts.

Part 1 – Making kashayam

• Kashayam is the water extract of the herbs.
  • Take all the herb powders – Amla, Bhringaraja, Licorice, Triphala, Aloe vera – into a wide mouthed vessel. (total – 250 grams – 5 parts) While adding herbs, keep around 10 grams(1/5th part) of each of these herbs separately. add the remaining part of the herbs to the vessel.
  • Add 1 liter water to it (20 parts)
  • Boil this powder water mix till you get around 500 ml (10 parts)
  • While boiling stir continuously. Boil in mild fire. Taking a wide mouthed big vessel helps avoid spilling of boiling Kashayam.
  • After getting 500 ml (10 parts), filter the Kashayam.

Part 2 – Bhringaraja Tail  (oil) preparation

• Take 500 ml (10 parts) coconut oil in a big wide mouthed vessel.
  • Add 500 ml (10 parts) of Kashayam to it.
  • Add 250 ml (5 parts) milk to it.
  • Put grated coconut powder into a mixer / grinder, add a little water, and grind it. Add the ground coconut along with liquid to the vessel.
  • Add chopped hibiscus flower pieces into the vessel.
  • Start heating the whole mixture in mild fire. Stir continuously.

• The mixture now contains 500 ml (10 parts) of coconut oil and all other powders and water. The goal is to evaporate all the water content from the mixture and get only the oil. So, at the end you will get around 450 – 500 ml (9 – 10 parts)of the oil.
  • In the initial phase of boiling the oil, there will be larger bubbles. These bubbles indicate water being evaporated.
  • In the initial phase, the whole mass looks dirty. But as the process moves on, the liquid becomes clearer.
  • At the end stage,  The vessel will start emitting aroma, the powders turn into a paste, which you can roll into the form of a wick, there will be profuse frothing. Big bubbles disappear.
  • If you take the powder paste to fire, it will not produce sound. It indicates that there is no moisture in the oil and the Bhringraj oil is ready.
  • Stop heating at this precise point and filter it when it is hot.

Shelf life:
If you store in air tight container, this oil is good to use for upto one and half years.
Preservatives required – None.
Where to get the herbs?
Within India, they are easily available in any Ayurveda store. In USA, they are available in amazon website.

How to use?
It can be applied at night and next day morning head bath can be taken. But for some people, applying coconut oil at night may cause worsening of sinusitis. For such people, it can be applied half an hour before bath. For more on this read here – How to apply hair oil
Are there any other combinations?
Read here – How to prepare amla hair oil

Dr JV Hebbar B.A.M.S, MD (Ayu), is an Ayurveda Doctor. Click here to consult Dr Hebbar

If you wish to seek advice from Dr Hebbar, click here

1. Varun Kumar says:

Superb write up…any reason for making the kashayam first…can’t we add ingredients directly…

Hi thanks. :) Making the Kashayam will help in including the water soluble phyto-chemicals of the herbs into the oil.

2. seshagiri says:

Sir, I have been reading your entire articles and are very encouraging and thank you very much for posting such useful and informative articles. Regards, seshagiri

3. visualcpp says:

All the hair care products available on earth, always contain items like amla and other cold prone items. But I have a body of Kapha type, and suffering from sinusitis (allergic type. Allergic to all sort of cold causing items like citrus fruits, butter milk etc and also allergic to chilled weather, rainy season), body pain while exposed to cold items and chilled weather. Is there any product for people like us for our hair care?

Hi, take any herbal hair oil. – 200 ml, add pepper powder – 10 grams, heat it just for 3 minutes in mild fire and filter when it is hot. Do not over heat it.
      Use this oil.
      Also, it is better to apply this oil 30 minutes before head bath in the morning rather than at night (for people with sinusitis).

4. Hello doctor : Is this oil also called Maha Bhringraj oil

5. Hai Sir,
    Can i use aloevera powder instead of aloevera leaves.

6. Hi sir
    thanks for your artical it is very useful in our life

7. Very well written and helpful.
    How do we add indigo or neeli to Amla Coconut oil.
    Another thing is Amla makes the hair curly. if we do not want it curly what do we add to oil.

8. Thank you Dr. Hebbar for the great video. I have a few questions:
    * Is licorice root powder the same thing as licorice powder?
    *What is your opinion about methi daana (fenugreek seeds) in terms of hair care? Would you recommend adding it to this oil?
    *Is it okay if I don’t add Hibiscus flowers to this oil if they are not easily available?

Thank you for your help.

Hello Sarah,
      Licorice root powder and Licorice powder are one and the same.
      Yes, Fenugreek is very very useful for hair. It also acts as a coolant and helps to relieve headache. It can surely be added to this hair oil formula.
      You can skip any ingredient that is hard to get. In that way, this formula is quite flexible.

9. kedar kamat says:

sir, thank you for this information. I just want to know can we use indigo(neel) in making hair oil and what proportion. Is it harmful to use. Thank you sir. Have a nice day.

Hi, Indigo is quite commonly used in making hair oil. In this same formula, indigo powder can be used as another herb, in the same proportion to the other herbs mentioned.

10. Hello, can I use fresh herbs instead of powdered herbs, thank you

11. This is great information. How long does this process take?

12. Hi sir ,
    1) I have two things dabur amla oil and bhringraj powder. Can I mix these to for my hair(premature grey hair) if yes wat will be the ratio.
    2 ) I heard that we can drink this powder with tea or mixed with water! Is it true

Pls give reply sir g.

13. Hi sir,
    Can I also add brahmi powder and amruth(Antavaladakai) powder in the preparation.. I have heard that amruth powder increases grey hair and it reduces hair fall.Pl inform whether it is true or not. . Can lavancha also be added to this. Can you pl inform whether lavancha powder or lavancha root can be added to it.

14. Geeta Karmani says:

Thank you very much for your article.
    can i add Brahmi to this oil? If yes what should be the quantity as more quantity of Brahmi can be problematic for mind.

You can add Brahmi to this. quantity can be 50 grams.

• can i use microwave for this heating as it using gas for such long time will not be feasible for me. also i have incubator ovens that go to a temperature of 200º C (i work in science lab) can that be used. your answer will be deeply appreciated. some say sesame oil is good for hair so which brand of sesame oil do you recommend for hair. i stay in mumbai

Hi Aditya, You can use microwave or incubator ovens. But the point is, there is should be room for water evaporation. Once after it starts boiling, the temperature should not exceed 100 – 105 degree Celsius. Or else, the oil will get burnt.
          You can use any good brand of sesame oil available in the market. Since it is used for external application, the quality of the oil might not make big difference. If the oil is decent enough, it is good to go.

15. Hello sir , Can we apply paste of all powders on hair intead of making oil.

Hi Nidhi, Applying it in the form of paste will surely have some benefits, though the effect might not be entirely similar to the oil.

16. you have mentioned reserve 10 gm of each powder. what should be done of that can you guide me

Hi, that reserved 10 gram each of powders is added directly to the oil+decoction mix while making heating. Please watch video as well. Let me know if you still have doubts.

• Dear Dr. Thank you very much for your article.
        For the past 3 years I am preparing the hair oil with the herbs & oil mentioned by u. But I am not using grated coconut powder. Moreover I am not heating it. Instead I am putting it in the sun light (sooriya pudam) for 7/10 days and using it. I am adding vettiver & rose petals in the oil. Is it correct.

17. sir what other ingredients can be added to this oil..?

18. HELLO SIR,

Thanks. May God bless you too :)

• hello Dr,

first of all i would like to tell u,the method u thought,was excellant.i tried and successful.thank you very much dr.
        Dr. I have several question and seek answer ;

1) let say if i add few herbal powder with ur formula,is there any changes in coconut oil or grated coconut measurements ?

b) please teach me ratio for coconut oil and herbal powders.

c) can i add gingelly or mustrd or other oils as well with with ur finished oils.and what is the ratio?

tq Dr.

Dear Moulana, thanks for appreciation.
          1. The amount of grated coconut can be reduced proportionate to the other herbs that you add.
          2. Coconut oil: herbal powder = 16:1
          3. It is not a good idea to add other oil to the finally made coconut oil.

19. HI SIR,
    what is best method to infuse herbs oil.example: amla ,bhringraj etc.
    and what is the ratio ,if we use oil or water.

As per Ayurveda, herb paste:sesame oil:water(or decoction) in 1:4:16 is the recommended ratio.

20. Hi sir can we apply this oil to hair and leave it for 3 or 4 days

21. Thank You Sir,
    You explained well.
    But will boiling the oil won’t destroy its nutrients, good for hair as I read elsewhere.
    Secondly, I frequently have cough and cold problem, So may I use olive/mustard oil for this mixture.

Once the contents start boiling, the heat amount is reduced and minimal heat just to keep the water boiling and evaporating is maintained. With this temperature, no useful phyto-chemicals will be lost.
      You can sue olive oil / mustard oil mix can surely be used in place of coconut oil.

22. Hi Doc,

Am in the States and African American, will it work on my natural hair because I dont have any chemical in it. The ingredients I can get them in product in any India stores.

23. Preeti A says:

Hello Dr., I just came across this article. This is how I prepare my oil- Boil amla (3-4 tbsp) and methi (3-4 tbsp) in 200 ml coconut oil. Cool and filter in bottle. Add 200 ml each of black seed oil (kalonji) and castor oil. Also add fenugreek seeds and kalonji seeds to bottle. I use this oil 2-3 times a week. I had thin hair but I feel this oil is helping (I’m 24, father has male pattern baldness, mother has thin hair)

My questions- i live in US, purchased some triphala powder and licorice powder and want to add it in the oil. Can i boil it in coconut oil and add it to this oil mix I described above? Also, can I add olive oil to the mix? I read somewhere that olive and castor oil mixed results in hair fall so I’m asking.

I’m working very hard on my hair so it becomes thick, please help me sir. Thanks!

• Preeti A says:

Also I want to add onion to the oil, since I heard it is rich in sulphur which aids growth. And many people have said mustard is good for growth so sometimes I add mustard seeds while boiling coconut oil (since I cannot stand the mustard oil smell)

Please could you suggest how I can improvise? Thanks.

onion would add bad smell to oil. Hence, better to avoid. It is more commonly used in pain oils, rather than in hair oils.
        I do not think mustard seeds will add much value.

Hi, ideally it is not very good to mix too many oils to make one herbal oil. Because it is yielding results, let us stick with black seed oil and castor oil. To your formula, you can a teaspoon of each of licorice and triphala.

24. Bhavana Lalwani says:

Heyy.. I have a question. Can we add Brahmi, Shikakai and areetha powder to the ingredients mentioned above?

25. I would like to know if oils really do work in helping with hair growth. How effective is an oil like this in regrowth of hair for someone who has experienced a lot of hair fall. How many times a week should this oil be applied and also for how many weeks/months should this regimen be followed to see good results? Thanks.

Oils do help in hair growth. This one is also a good one.
      It needs to be applied at least once or twice a week.
      It will be good if the regimen is followed for at least 4 – 6 months, if not forever.

26. Hi Dr, thank you very much for this article , I’m from Germany and it’s difficult to find pre-boiled milk what I can use instead of it?

27. Hello Dr,

I would like to make this oil and have already bought all the ingredients. But I think I have sinus. could please recommend what need to be added or deleted so that I can use it without having headache because of the chillness in the oil. Will adding pepper solve the problem?

Replace coconut oil with sesame oil. Problem solved. – Read the reason here –

28. hi,

Dr. do you by any chance make these oils and sell them online?

That would be awesome!

Hi Gloria, I can make them all day long! But selling is not my strength. Plus, these US FDA rules are almost impossible to comply with.
      However, you can buy a version of Bhringaraj hair oil, which is quite good in its quality (aff) –

29. hello sir, can i add aloe vera paste which is store bought, from khadi mandir to this hair oil recipe when im preparing kashayam? Please clarify my doubt as im going to prepare this today evening.

Hi, yes you can.

• I made the oil with following ingredients, alma, bringaraja, brahmi, rose powder, licorice, jatamansi and curry leaves, neem, hibiscus flowers, tulsi and henna.. I prepared the kashaya as you mentioned in this post and added it to the oil which I had mixed with ground green leaves and flower.. Oil smells heavenly and I made a 1 litre quantity. Aloe vera I’ll add when I heat oil before application.. May be I’ll add a bit of almond oil, olive oil to the above mixture to dilute it a bit..

Hi, if you add aloe vera later, you will again have to heat it till the moisture content evaporates. perhaps, you will have to filter it again.
          You can add almond oil and olive oil.

• Oh yes, I perhaps will apply aloe vera with curds as a hair pack rather than mixing it in the oil.
            Experiencing heavy hair fall since few months now. Tried most of herbal oils available in the market. Hopefully this concoction should be able to help me. Anyhow, this oil has helped me get good sleep as well. Thanks for the inspiration doc. Happy navratri.

30. Hi,

While making kashayam, you have kept 10g of each herbal powder aside.Not mentioning it in rest of article,what to do with that ?

Hi, that 10 g of the powder is added to the oil directly along with the kashayam, in stage 2.

31. Namaste doctor,

Your information is very beatifully presented thank you.. I am a student in herbal medicine and have been focusing on ayurveda for some time now.

I was just curious with regards to the drava dravya, my understanding is for water the classical ration is 1:4:16.

if the drava dravya is decotion to reduce kalka by 1/3

if the drava dravya is milk to reduce kalka by 1/2 .

in your beautiful formula here i notice your drava dravya is decoction and milk . so im curious in general for when it is blended in this case (decoction and milk) so what would the ideal kalka ratio be?

i was going to do a hair oil with decoction drava dravya, reducing kalka by 1/3 and perhaps replacing some milk for the decoction (for additional nutrition) but maintaining the classical 1:4:16 part.

so for 2 liter oil, i was thinking instead of adding 8 liter decoction perhaps 7 liter decocoction and 1 liter milk.

Not sure if you have any input or comment with regards to this as i have no experience combining drava dravya.

Namaste .

Hi, the regular dravadravya ratio is 1:4:16
      But your understanding of proportions when added with milk etc is incorrect. Please wait till I cover the topic of rules of herbal oil / ghee making.
      In my present formula, I have over-ruled the dravadravya ratio and have used my own ratio based on my experience, considering ease of manufacturing for common public.

32. Hello Sir,
    I am a Ayurvedic doctor practicing in Panipat, Haryana, Very impressed with your valuable post. Hats off for such good work. I need to know, for how long can i store such products, in plastic bottles, i mean expiry date??

33. Sir, thank you very much for the useful post. We live in London. Here the weather is very cold in winters. My son is 6 years old and having hair fall when ever I use castor oil. But his hair is very very thin. Can I use only triphala, bringaraj and methi seed powders for the oil preparation. What base oil do you recommend. I hardly used any oils on his scalp until he was 1 yr old, because he is c.section born and had a big bump on his head. Now I am using a mixture of dabur amla and castor oil. For hair wash I am using only organic Rita. Any advises pls, let us know. Thank you.

You can surely use triphala bhringaraj and methi seeds for oil preparation. Use sesame oil as base.
      You can stop using dabur amla oil or castor oil, once you start using the above oil.

34. Perhaps an update would be useful, since you mentioned sesame oil is preferred over coconut? :) Also, I think according to Caraka, for it’s use in unctions, wouldn’t woman’s milk work better than cow’s? For a more practical question, I’m curious how much more effective would this oil be over regularly taking the ingredients internally. I suppose it would work since oil massage, for skin, is needed in addition to diet.

Hi, coconut oil / sesame oil, apart from susceptibility for cold, as I discussed here (, there is no much difference in the process of making the oil.
      If the oil is properly made and not burnt, this oil itself can be orally consumed – 10 drops a day, in the morning, with a cup of hot water for enhanced benefits.
      For all practical purposes, whenever milk is mentioned, cow’s milk is to be considered as per Ayurvedic principles. Hence, not ideal to use human milk.

35. Dear Dr.Hebbar,

Seems the technique of oil preparation and its quality identification was openly said. Thanks for that…Please help me by answering these.
    1. is this oil only enough for hair growth or need any internal medicines required?
    2. how this oil promotes hair growth?
    3. is this oils works in baldness at any age?if so how long i take to recover?
    4.Can we add henna for coloring the premature hairs?
    5.Finally, any specific foods required for hair growth?

1. If the problem is hair fall is chronic or if there is underlying other causes such as hypothyroidism, PCOS etc, then oral medicines will be required.
      2. By promoting the nourishment to hair root and strands.
      3. If someone is already bald, then a promise on this oil cannot be made.
      4. You can add henna to the formula.
      5. Specific foods for hair growth – Eat more of dry grapes, dates, milk, cashew, sesame, almonds, flax seed, green leafy vegetables, spinache, soyabean. Salmon, Tuna, Cod liver oil, Fish, fortified cereals, oysters, fortified soy products, ham, dairy products, egg, mushroom.

36. can i use this oil daily instead of normal coconut oil….should i wash my hair daily after applying this hair oil?….

37. dr.shruteeee says:

Sir i read your articles regularly I am ayurvedic practioner but your work is simply greate,my daughter is 12year old,she is having dandruff since 2years,I applied visora hairoil,shikakai for headbath but it is temparary useful what remedy do you suggest

Dear Dr Shruteeee, Greetings!
      Please try with Neelibhringadi or Karkuntal hair oil. and Shikakai for head bath.

38. Thanks a lot..Can v leave tiz oil on hair for cause any cold to body? Thanku

39. Sreedevi Konnalli says:

Hello Doctor,

Thank you for providing the details of this preparation.

Can you please suggest some good brands for buying the herbal powders like bhringaraj, amla, brahmi, Yashtimadhu, triphala, hibiscus, etc as it is always safe to use the oil prepared without any chemicals.

40. Archana says:

Hello Doc,

I would like to make an oil out of these ingredients, please let me know will there be any side effects or and negative effects

Neem, Hibiscus, Amla, Curry Leaf, Tulsi, Almond, Bhringraj, black sesame seed and Triphala

if i can what should be the quantity of each.

41. I tried to make this oil last night. I used sesame oil instead of coconut. I noticed That The ingredients never formed a wick and instead all separated from each other but it seemed that all the water was gone. It was foaming a lot and when I did fire test there was no sound sO I straiNed the oil. Did I do something wrong?? Is it still ok to use?

Also how does one know if the oil was burned or not??

Hi, I think you over-heated it and the oil and the inner ingredients were slightly burnt.
      When there is slight moisture left, nearing to the end, the herb powders form a wick when rubbed in hand. If that stage is missed, if it is over burnt, then they will lose all moisture and the herbal powders will just scatter in the oil.

42. I’d like to add that the resulting oil is cloudy… What does it mean?

Filtering was not done properly. Solid suspending herbal particles make the oil cloudy.
      Another reason – You might have stopped heating the oil before the total water content got completely evaporated.
      You will have to observe the ending signs that I have explained very carefully. It will come with experience. Try and try more!

43. Sandeep says:

Sir, Can I add these essential oils into this prepared oil? This research talks about these essential oils that have caused hair growth in patients suffering from alopecia and I wish to try this on my dad, who suffers from baldness.

44. Hi Doctor,
    Thanks for the great recipe. That is what I was looking for.
    I just worry all the herbs nutrients and benefits are gone through the heating and boiling.
    What Ayurveda says about it?

Hi, this is the standard method of preparing oils as per Ayurveda. Most of the nutrients in the herbs are not volatile, hence are not lost by boiling.

45. Really wonderful job sir I was searching for an oil preparation thank you very much, one doubt can we add curry leaves to this oil preparation if yes how to add

46. I have hair loss problem. I will do your recipe,but I have no Hibiscus flower paste.
    Can I use Aparajita paste? Could you suggest me for other paste?

47. can I make this preparation without using cowmilk?

You can.

• Thank u doctor for such a great article.. : )
        I have some queries..
        * which coconut oil you have used in the preparation…refined or virgin?
        * Can I use Parachute or Patanjali coconut oil in the preparation?
        * how should I add methi seeds..pre-soaked or directly raw?
        * first I want to try this preparation with small batch like 200ml oil..can I go for it?
        * I also want to add curry much should I add to that quantity?
        * can I use pasteurized milk like Amul, Mahananda whatever!
        plzz doctor answer the all my questions as soon as possible..its a humble request..thank u..may god bless u! : )

48. Hi Doctor,

My hairline is receding too fast but the rest of my hair is dense also have hair fall and premature greying. My dad is total bald and my mother has very thin hair.

1. Can I use costus(Saussarae Lappa) instead of bhringraja? I tried bhringaraja in my herbal oil and I had severe hair fall. And if I omit bhringaraja alone in your herbal formula, I noticed the oil lessens my hair fall. And read somewhere costus helps in baldness and prevents premature greying.

2. Can the herbs be curry leaves, indigo seeds/leaves, triphala, costus root, neem seeds/leaves, fenugreek, hibiscus flowers/leaves, vetiver, licorice root along with coconut oil, cow’s milk and ground coconut?

49. Niharika says:

I just saw your video and read the questions and answers, I wanted to make the oil with mustard oil as base instead of coconut oil, so wanted to ask if

a) Putting coconut milk and cows milk shall have any negative reactions/ combination with the mustard oil and should be avoided.
    b) Can something be done to reduce the pungent smell of mustard oil

Thank you in advance.

You can use mustard oil, while using cow milk as ingredient. No problem.
      Use Amla powder a bit more to reduce the hotness and pungency of mustard oil. You can also make a mix of coconut oil and mustard oil in 40:60 proportion and use it as base.

50. Niharika says:

if I use mustard oil in this preperation then does one need to avoid
    a) cows milk
    b) coconut milk

will there be some adverse affect?

2nd ly what can be done to reduce the pungency/ smell of mustard oil?

51. dinesh sharma says:

I use it daily ok?

52. Is there any possibility for me to buy this oil? If yes, can i get this from Amazon?

53. I live in a rural area where it is difficult to source these ingredients. Is there anywhere to purchase the oil already made? Thanks!

54. Muhammad Haq says:

Hi Dr. Hebbar,

Very impressed with the great work you are doing and many thanks for your help.

Please let me know if the following can also be added along with your original formula for making the Bhringraj oil:

1.Curry Leaves
    2.Henna Powder
    3.Pit / seed of Avocado
    4.Brahmi Powder
    5. Sting Nettle leaves or powder
    6. Habiscus flowers dried
    7. Fenugreek seeds

Will 25gms each of the above items be OK to be added.

Can I use Coconut Milk available in tinned packing instead of coconut powder? Please advise the quantity to be used.

Can Goat milk be used instead of Cow’s milk?

If Almond oil ,Castor oil and Olive oil is also added, then what should be the min. quantity along with 500ml of Coconut Oil or do you think that it will be too much and Coconut oil only will be sufficient for making the oil?

Will the oil be good for turning grey/white hair to natural black so that artificial dyes ( hair color ) are not used on the hair. I don’t mean really black hair but at least black in the sense that the hair dyeing could be avoided and how long would it approx. take to see the result?

Will the oil be good for regrowing hair for my sons who are 25 and 27 and losing hair rapidly? Will this oil also work for curing dandruff?

I also would like to see hair regrowth although I’m 55 now and have a large crown area. It won’t hurt if I regrow hair although I believe it is hereditary. At least my children hair should stop falling and are regrown. I’ll be really happy to see this.

Please advise about making herbal shampoo and conditioner also.

Would appreciate your kind response. Thanks again.

You can use the said ingredients.
      coconut milk can be used in place of powder
      Goat milk can be used in place of cow milk.
      500ml of Coconut Oil + 50 ml of each of rest of the oils.
      The oil will be good for hair growth and grey hairs.

55. Hello Doctor, Thank you very much for your great article.. It is really helpful

On a different note, Is the combination of Cuscuta Reflexa (Amar Bel), Eclipta alba (bhringraj), Citrullus Colocynthis (indrayan) in the combination ratio of 3:2:1 respectively, really a good solution for Hair growth?
    If so, what would be more helpful, a hair mask using the same in water or hair oil prepared using the same?

Thanks in advance for your suggestion.

Hi, a hair mask prepared with the said three ingredients would be more useful than a hair oil. For hair oil, you can use Neelibhringadi oil.

56. dear sir,
    the problem with bhringraj oil (either from baidyanath or from any other manufacturer) is that they cause while pimple (safed funsi) all over my scalp. and also itchy scalp. what should i add in this oil to counter that effect? thnks

57. Can we simple exchange coconut oil with sesame oil; does the procedure remain the same?

58. Write your opinion/ doubts about the article below. Please do not post your personal health complaints here. If you wish to seek advice from Dr Hebbar, click here