Ayurveda covers both preventive and curative aspects of health and disease. Preventive aspect of Ayurveda mainly focuses on rejuvenation. Ayurveda helps to improve immune system, increase intelligence, memory power and other aspects of health. While most of this kind of treatment is given after middle age, there are certain home remedies that are prescribed to be followed since infancy. One such Ayurveda baby care remedy is – ‘Swarna – Vacha’.
Gold – Ayurveda – Gold (Swarna) is used in Ayurveda since ancient times. Gold is known to improve intelligence, memory and to strengthen immune system.
This is the reason, the yester year kings used to get their food prepared in vessels having gold as a component, and they used to have food in golden plates and bowls.
In Ayurvedic practice, Gold is processed with herbs before usage.
Vacha – This herb is called as ‘sweet flag’. It is a tradition in India to give the infants this herb in minute quantities. This herb initiates and improves speech capability, improves memory and concentration.
Method of Swarna Vacha administration -
- In this traditional Ayurvedic method, A thin gold wire is processed with herbs.
- This processed wire is inserted into a piece of Vacha.
- and this piece is rubbed with little quantity of milk or water in a small vessel.
- The child is made to lick the paste, early in the morning, before food.
For whom it is beneficial?
For infants above 3 months of age, it is administered. It is given for 3 – 5 years
What are the benefits expected?
- Boosts immunity and helps in weak immune system in child
- Improves memory, concentration and speech
- Helps in normal growth and activity.
- Improve voice and skin quality.
- Improves strength of sense organs.
- Improves digestion power
- Helps to attain Tridosha Balance