“I feel very lazy, I can’t do anything, I don’t want to do anything, I procrastinate too much. It is hurting my life big time. But I want to be active like successful people, I want to be free from this tangle. How to get rid of laziness and procrastination?” laziness at the outset, seems to origin from mental causes, but the cause may be physical as well. While this problem requires a lot of motivation, simple easy Ayurvedic home remedies will also prove handy to get rid of laziness. Let us find out.
Laziness and procrastination -
Laziness and procrastination are the major mental hurdles between you and success.
Laziness – “I have to do it, but I can’t, or may be I don’t want to do it”.
Procrastination – “I have to do it, I want to do it, let’s do it tomorrow”
Effect of laziness and procrastination:
- Failure in professional life - ‘Don’t know when I will be completing the project, But if I wish, I can complete it this week.”
- Failure in personal life - ” I should be visiting the dentist today. But let me go next week”
- Failure in family life - “Since how many weeks, children want me to take them to that nearby new garden”
It is the feeling that we want to get rid off, but not today, tomorrow.
Causes and solutions for laziness and procrastination -
Laziness and procrastination arise both due to mental and physical reasons.
Tiredness leading to laziness - Tiredness can cause laziness. While you are feeling lazy, do a self check whether you are tired physically or mentally.
- If you think you are mentally tired,
- Take up some hobby,
- spice up your family life with a family tour or a surprise movie.
- Try to mix up different types of work.
- Organized mixing up of works leads to freshness in mind.
- Sleep also helps to bring back freshness.
- If you think you are physically tired,
- Take rest, sleep for at least 8 hours at night.
- During your work, if physical tiredness comes in your way of marching forward, just a small 10 minutes nap works wonders.
- Consult a doctor. You might have some hidden physical problem.
- If you work for long hours continuously, you should consider day sleep as an option.
- There are other reasons and solutions for physical tiredness. Read it here – I feel tired all the time.
Laziness hides in your body -
Most of the times, when you feel lazy, you can identify the focal point of laziness in your body.
Laziness in stomach – Sometimes, laziness can be felt in the stomach. Reasons for this is – ‘Ama’ and ‘Kapha imbalance’. Here the usual symptoms -
- Thick white coating of stomach,
- Feeling heaviness in stomach
- Excessive salivation
- Feeling bitter or sweetness in the stomach
- No desire to take food.
- Feeling like you are going to vomit anytime soon.
- Do not eat till you feel lightness in the stomach.
- Stop eating food over undigested food.
- Keep a gap of minimum four hours between two eating schedules.
- Do not take sweet, milk, curds or oily food till abdominal lightness is restored.
- Drink a peg of ginger decoction / ginger tea, without milk.
- Triphala with honey remedy - If ginger is too spicy for you, take a table-spoon of Triphala powder mix it with honey to make a paste. lick it full. Drink a glass of warm water. This cleanses stomach and intestines.
- If you have accidentally heavy, high cholesterol diet, follow these tips – What to do after high cholesterol diet
- Watch what you eat at night
- Lack of motivation, lack of aim can cause laziness.
- Lack of direction sometimes makes you feel to stop work. Imagine the result that you want to achieve precisely, then it becomes a lot easier.
- Don’t let the confusions grow on you. DECIDE the exact date when you will go to dentist, when will you finish off that office project, when will you take your children to garden and when will you go for a family trip. DECIDE everything right now!
- Read inspirational biographies of successful people
- Keep your room and home neat and clean
- Keep an inspirational photo in front of you. Make it your phone and computer desktop background.
- Do not sleep without a plan for what you will do after getting up.
- Do not sleep without knowing when you are going to get up.
- Do not sleep without an alarm clock.
- Do not eat without a proper plan. Do not eat till you really feel like eating.
- Write down things to do and read it over and over again – at least two times a day.
- Stop excessive sex, masturbation, smoking and alcohol.
- Switch off TV and close that facebook tab in your PC. You might be wasting your time.
- Replace oily food and sweets with fruit and vegetable salads
- Do not over commit. Say no to things that are not-so-important things.
- Start going to gym, yoga, dance class or your favorite sports. Being physically fit helps to be active and kick out laziness.
- Try stand working
Find more of such topics and tips in my Health and Lifestyle Book