Cow milk and Goat milk – both are extensively used in Ayurveda, but for different purposes. Both have their own unique qualities and benefits. Here is a comparison – cow milk vs goat milk.
Cow milk and goat milk – similarities:
- Both cow milk and goat milk are nutritious in nature.
- Both the types of milk are useful to treat emaciation and lack of strength.
- Goat milk and cow milk both improve breast milk production in mothers.
Cow milk vs goat milk benefits- differences
- Goat milk increases digestion while cow milk (or bufalo milk) does not. Hence, if you have indigestion problem, it is better to consider goat milk over cow milk and you should not take buffalo milk during indigestion problem.
- Goat milk is used in the Ayurvedic treatment of respiratory diseases.
- Cow milk has more coolant effect over the body when compared to goat milk.
- Cow milk is slightly heavier to digest, when compared to goat milk.
- Cow milk helps in easy bowel movements. But goat milk is useful in stopping repeated defecation.
- Though both have their own distinct qualities, it is found in Ayurveda that use of cow milk is seen more than goat milk.