Cow milk and buffalo milk both are very high in nutrition. When both are available, the choice of milk should be made based on your personal needs, health status and digestion power.
Cow milk and buffalo milk – similarities:
- Taste – Both cow milk and buffalo milk are sweet in taste, and have cooling effect.
- Cow milk and buffalo milk both these two milks act as natural aphrodisiac.
- Both are high in nutrition and improve strength.
- Both the milks calm Pitta and help to relieve burning sensation.
- Buffalo milk is slightly heavier to digest when compared to Cow milk.
- The capacity to induce natural sleep is more in buffalo milk than cow milk.
- The protein content in buffalo milk is more compared to cow milk.
- Fat content is more in buffalo milk than in cow milk.
- Ghee prepared from buffalo milk increases Kapha, while Cow milk – ghee calms Pitta and increases digestion power.
- Cow milk is more used in Ayurveda than buffalo milk.