Great hobbies are a must for children. It helps to build them their own character and personality. It is very important for your child to have hobbies. For a parent, it will be my first of the parenting tips. While school related studies is very important for your children, if time is managed effectively, specific time slot can be adopted in a child’s routine for hobbies.
Benefits of Hobbies:
- Culture and discipline: Hobbies fortify your child’s behavior with culture and discipline.
- Hobbies make your children specially talented.
- Hobbies boost self-confidence. Among their classmates and friends, your child will stand tall because of his / her special talent.
- Learns time management: The child will learn how to manage time, how to hit a balance between studies and hobbies and the skills of multi-tasking.
- May build the career: If your child takes up the hobby as the career at a later stage, your child may become an artist, a photographer, a professional dancer or a singer.
- Helps to improve learning skills: The rhythm in the music, dance and song, the fineness in the art, the patience & perseverance in collecting stamps and photography all add up to the learning skills of the child.
- Improves physical fitness: Hobbies like outdoor games, swimming, dance etc helps to keep childhood obesity at bay.
How to choose a perfect hobby for your child:
- Watch child’s interest: Hobby should be something that interests the child. It should never be a forced burden. It should be something that child wants to do. So watch for child’s interest and select one.
- Look into financial issues: Of course, you need to take your financial condition to fund a particular hobby of your child.
- Time factor: The child should be able to hit a balance between studies and hobby.
- Age factor: Gym, weight lifting etc are not so good for children.
Time to start a hobby:
It is never too early nor too late for a child to pick up a hobby. There is absolutely no time constraint to start a hobby.
The bottom line is – hobby is a must for your child.