If your Ayurvedic doctor has prescribed you any Ayurvedic medicine, it is better if you know following facts, prehand.
These are based on Ayurvedic textual reference blended with my own experience in Ayurvedic clinical practice.
1. If not specified by the doctor, the usual time to take kashayam is before food.
2. If not specified by the doctor, the usual time to take Asavas and Arishtas is after food.
3. If not specified by the doctor, the usual time to take Guggulu tablets, is after food.
4. Time to take Chyawanprash is in the morning, before / after food, with half a glass of milk.
5. Jar containing Churnam, opened once, should be completed (or discarded) within 6 months.
6. Jar containing Ayurvedic gulikas (or tablets) should be completed (or discarded) within 1 year.
7. If you have purchased any kashaya, it is always better to shake it well, before it is consumed.
For any doubt clarification or Ayurvedic consultation or query about any Ayurvedic product or herb, feel free to contact me.
Wish you good health.