It is often seen that many lean and thin people face the problem with their looks. so, here are the Ayurvedic tips taken from Charaka samhita to improve your looks by putting weight on healthily.
What happens if some one is very lean and maintains size zero for a long time?
– Depletion of digestive power, immunity, skin complexion and muscle mass.
– Person becomes prone to repeated infections, debility, constipation and digestive disorders like peptic ulcers.
– There will be severe increase in Vata leading to vata related joint disorders.
How to put on weight quickly ?
Acharya Charaka (one of the ancient scholar of Ayurveda, who lived approximately five thousand years ago in India) says –
If one has lost weight very rapidly in recent times, then putting on weight can be achieved in a short period of time.
But if some one has lost weight over a long period of time, then, putting on weight will also take time.
So, in general, putting on weight should be ideally a gradual process.
- Diet to put on weight :
- Regular intake of meat soup, milk, ghee, curds and dairy products, sweets etc.
- Ayurvedic Home remedy to put on weight: A smash fruit mixture prepared with Dates, dry grapes, Indian gooseberry (Amla), pomegranate. A little sugar can be added to improve taste.
- This fruit salad kind of juice can be taken two times a day up to one month to achieve effective weight gain.
- Use Soy bean in diet. request your parents to include soy bean in food
- Take white part of egg white – three per day. Do not eat the inner yellow part. it is rich in cholesterol.
- Take meat soup – at least once or twice a weak.
- Exercise / jogging / sport – at least half an hour a day.
- Fruit / Fruit juice – minimum 4 times a week.
- Any non veg food of your choice at least twice a week.
- Fruit salad / Vegetable salad. once in two days.
Modern outlook to put on weight:
Improving digestive power.
Clearing the intestine from worms
and putting on weight with diet rich in proteins, vitamins, carbohydrate and a little bit of fat.