Amla Home Remedy For Frequent Urination – Prepare It Within A Minute

Health benefits of Amla are innumerable. It is Indian gooseberry, used as the main ingredient of medicines like Chyawanprash, Triphala etc. Here is a very simple home remedy using Amla, banana fruit etc, useful for people with frequent urination problem.

Natural home remedy for frequent urination – What you need?
A banana fruit
An Amla fruit
A small piece of sugar candy / unprocessed sugar / jaggery – half to 1 teaspoonful.
Honey – half to one teaspoonful.

How to make?
Take out the seed of amla fruit. Take the pulp, crush it and extract Juice.
Crush the sugar candy to powder, add it to amla juice mix.
Take this along with a banana fruit and a teaspoon of honey.

Indications –
Useful in kids above 5 years of age, with bed wetting.
Useful in all cases of frequent urination, except in diabetes.
Useful to strengthen the muscles and sphincter of urinary bladder.

Dose –

How long to take?
Since all the four ingredients are used commonly as part of diet, it can be continued for many months.

Shelf life (expiration date)?
Once prepared, better to use it fresh. Amla juice can only be stored for a day.

How does it work?
Amla is a power house of anti oxidants. It helps to cleanse the bladder and improve bladder muscle and sphincter strength.
Banana, having similar properties, is a part of diet and of many home remedies for frequent urination problem.  (example)

Safe for kids?
Yes it is.

Pregnancy and lactation?
If you are sure about good quality of amla and honey, it can be used even during pregnancy and lactation.

Any side effects?
Very high dose is not recommended. Not usable in diabetic patients.
Can Amla powder be used in place of Amla fruit?
Yes. It can be used. For this, the fresh amla juice can be replaced with half a teaspoon of amla powder. Though it might have a bit lesser effect than with-fruit-remedy, using amla powder makes sense due to unavailability of Amla in many places and times.

A feedback –
Respected Shri Dr. JV Hebbar,
Thank You very much for Your article on Frequent Urination. I was suffering from the same thing with no other disease. I was used to urinate almost every hour, even at night. I was not able  to sleep well. I then rec’d your article and tried on 18th of this month. I was benefited from the same day. Today it is fourth day. I took only one dose in the morning with a mixture of Amla, Ginger & Turmeric juice(which I’ve ready round the year),1 tsp natural jegarry, 1 Banana & 1 tsp honey. Only single dose solved my problem. Today it is fourth day. Now I urinate almost every three hours & only twice at night.
Warm Regards, Thank You – 63 year old female, from India.  (21/02/2014)

The product links are affiliate. Do not follow given advice, without consulting your doctor.

Comments

1. Kunwar Singh says:

Dear Dr Hebbar,

The home remedy for non-diabetics suffering from frequent urination is simple and informative. Since you haven’t covered diabetic patients, please provide suitable home remedies to treat frequent urination for people suffering from diabetes and also the the name of effective Ayurvedic medicines that could be taken by diabetics on a daily basis to achieve satisfactory results and ease their sufferings to a great extent.

Best regards,
    Kunwar Singh

Dear Mr Singh, many thanks for the kind suggestion. Will write on suggested topics soon. Regards.

• Ramakrishna says:

Natural home remedy for frequent urination. Excellent worked for me. Since From Many years, I was suffered with frequent urination. I would like to know, how long I need to use this medicine. This is 3 rd day i am using it.

I assume that you are not diabetic. As all the ingredients in this remedy are commonly used in diet, this can be safely used for a very long period of time – 3 – 4 months.

2. superb

3. JS Duggal says:

Does this remedy adequately address problems of enlarged prostrate as well.Pl clarify.

4. Jayanti Patel says:

Respected Doctor,
    How much a healthy man can urinate & how many times in 24 hours ?
    Jayanti Patel (Ahmedabad)

5. Dr. Veena says:

Dear sir,
    I am Bams doctor.. But I have many many things to learn. You are my guru. I have got valuable information from your post. Thank you sir.
    May almighty always bless you.

Regards
    Dr.Veena

Dear Dr Veena, There probably is no Ayurveda doctor who knows ‘everything’ about Ayurveda. It is a continuous learning process. Wish you all the success!
      Best regards, Dr Hebbar

6. Indira says:

Dear Dr. Hebbar
    What would be suitable for person who has enlarged Prostrate.
    Indira

There are a few Ayurvedic medicines that can be tried. Please consult an Ayurvedic doctor in person.

7. Ramakrishna says:

Due to Frequent Urination, I loss my libido, Please suggest home remedy for increase libido. Thanks

There are many remedies with herbs like amla, ashwagandha, Shilajit etc. Please consult your Ayurvedic doctor.

8. What is sugar candy? Is it “Kalkandu”

9. Dear Sir,
    Kindly suggest the yoga exercises which can be carried out and exercises to be avoided for a patient having GERD /hiatus hernia.

10. B.Sankar says:

Pranam sir, I want to give this juice to my mother, she is 70 yrs old & suffering from frequent urination & constipation. Should i give in this juice in empty stomach or after food???
    B. Sankar

• Dr Malini Bhat says:

Dear Sir, You can give it on empty stomach.

Please avoid if she is suffering from Diabetes

11. Mathan M says:

Sir , Is there any ayurvedic medicine for frequent urination which is not from
    diabetes?

Yes there is. The above remedy is also useful even in non-diabetic patient.

12. shylaja says:

I am a mother of a 9 years boy and his teacher complained that he goes for urination in all most every period i.e. every 40 minutes, i read the above home remedy. i want only one clarification like it has to be given in the empty stomach or any time in the day. kindly clarify sir.

Hi, it can be given 10 minutes before food. Also, please consult a doctor directly for his frequent urination problem. It could be due to urine infection. Some minor lab tests will also be very helpful.

13. Respected Doctor,
    You have mentioned about Banana. Is it should be a ripened one fruit or a green skin raw banana. Plz clarify.
    Thanks in advance Sir.

Ravi.

14. Sharman karthick says:

Sir

I am suffering from small little lot of pimples in my face. Please suggest me to take your valuable home remedy to get relief from this.

Thanking you

15. Shravan karthick says:

Thank you for your 5 home remedy for frequent urination.

Please let me know how many times and doses per day to take.

Thanking you sir .

Juice extracted from one amla fruit, with a banana, and a teaspoon of honey and sugar candy – this can be considered as one dose. up to 4 such doses can be administered in a day. Can be continued for 1 month time.

16. Muthu Chennai says:

I am having this problem of frequent urination for a month.Today I have started the medicine. T hank you doctor for your advice.

17. PRABAKARAN MUNUSAMY says:

can it be taken without sugar & honey ? is it effective ?

18. kumaravel.d says:

My mother was suffering from heronia and frequently uiranery leakage and leg bone week my mother was over wieght 150 kg and high blood pressure .
    How to reduce My mother wieght with in six months..
    My mother was deadened in life please help me..
    All other English Madison help less in our life .I pay more amount loss nothing improve ment..

I want my mother please help me…my mother was now hopeless in our health…

For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.
      If you want my help in finding a good Ayurveda doctor for you, then let me know your place.

For email advice (not a reliable option, we do not promise any cure), please write to our health expert Dr Raghuram BAMS MD (Ayu), here (paid service) –

19. Sir,Please suggest any ayurvedic medicine for frequent urination at night ? Thanks.

For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

For email advice (not a reliable option, we do not promise any cure), please write to our health experts here (paid service) – https://easyayurveda.com/consult/