How To Do Ayurvedic Nasya Treatment At Home? Nasal Drops For Long Life

Nasya treatment means putting nasal drops. While you might be already knowing about usage of nasal drops to relieve nasal congestion, Ayurvedic nasya therapy is quite different from this usual practice. While putting the drops into nostrils remains the same, the purpose of this treatment varies in Ayurveda.
While there are many types of Nasya treatments, there is one type which can be done on daily basis for the overall improvement of health and to prevent diseases.

Nasya treatment - nasal drops

Definition:
Ayurvedic texts define nasya as-“Oushadham oushadha siddha sneham va nasikayaam deeyate inti nasyam”
It means, procedure where the medicated drugs or oils are administrated through the nostrils.

Note: There are many types of Nasya using powders, juice extracts, decoctions, herbal fumes etc. But they are used for therapeutic purposes. Here, I am only concentrating on the one that everyone can use on daily basis.

Nasal medication is especially described for the treatment of diseases of the parts above the shoulders;
Nose is considered as the gateway for the head, spreading through this, the nasal medication reaches all the parts of the head and neck and cures the diseases of respective region.

Indication:
This type of Nasya is applicable to all healthy people.
Specifically it is helpful in people suffering from
Stiffness of the head
Stiffness of the teeth
Stiffness of the neck
obstruction of the throat
Stiffness of the jaw
Rhinitis – running nose
Uvulitis
Tonsillitis
Corneal disorders
hyper pigmentation, freckles
Migraine, headache
Neck stiffness
Stiffness of shoulder,
Diseases of the oral cavity
Nasal disorders
Ear disorders
Eye diseases
headache
facial paralysis
Motor neuron disorders
Convulsions
Goitre
Gingivitis
Loose teeth
Hoarse voice
Slurred speech
Neuro muscular disorders
One who practices nasal therapy in time according to the prescribed method, his eyes, nose and ears are not affected by any morbidity.
His hair and head never become white or grey; he never experiences hair fall; those rather grow luxuriously.
Being nourished by inhalation, his veins, joints, ligaments and tendons of head and neck gain greater strength. His face becomes cheerful and plumpy; and his voice becomes sweet, stabilized and stertorous.
All the sense organs become clear and three is considerable strength.
Diseases relating to head and neck do not attack such a person. Even though, he might be growing old, old age does not affect his head (in the form of grey hair etc (reference: Charaka Sutrasthana 5th chapter)

Persons unsuitable to nasal medication :-
Nasal medication should not be administered to persons who
have just then consumed water, wine, artificial poison (Garavisha – chronic poisoning) and fat (as part of Snehana therapy) or who wish to consume them, soon,
who is suffering from indigestion,
who have taken food just then,
who have just taken bath or who desire to take bath-soon. Ideally there should be a minimum gap of 30 minutes between bath and Nasya treatment.
who has just taken oil or fat
who is suffering from excessive thirst
who is suffering from excessive hunger
who is severely tired,
who  have had blood letting therapy- or severe bleeding due to other causes,
who are having acute rhinitis,
who has consumed alcohol
who is suffering from acute fever,
who is suffering from acute cold,
who are getting natural urges of the body, like urge to urinate, defecate etc.
the woman who has recently delivered,
patients of dyspnoea, COPD, Asthma and cough,
those who have undergone purification (Panchakarma) therapies
who have been given Basti treatment – just then,
at unsuitable seasons and
on Sunless cloudy days except in emergency.
Infective Rhinitis,
who has have drunk wine,
People with low ears- low hearing capacity
in  whom, in the Doshas are greatly imbalanced and moving from place to place;
Nasya should not be administered to those who are less seven years and more than 80 years of age;

Right time for Nasya therapy –
Nasal medication should be administered in
morning – if Kapha is increased.
Mid day  – if Pitta is increased
Evening – if Vata is increased.
During Sharath (Autumn) and Vasantha (Spring), it should be given in forenoon.
During winter, it should be given in midday.
Evenings in summer,
when there is sunlight during Varsha- rainy season.

Pratimarsha nasya – The below mentioned type of Nasya is called as Pratimarsha Nasya.
It can be applied
After head massage
After Gandusha (gargling)
After Anjana – collyrium,
After defecation,
After tooth brushing,
After bouts of laughing ;

Procedure for Nasya treatment –

If there is urge to urinate or defecate, finish that first.
It is better to brush the teeth first, if you are doing it in the morning.
Take plain sesame oil and do gentle massage over the entire face and neck.
For the purpose of massage, you can use
Maha Narayana oil, if you are targeting headache and sinusitis.
Nalpamaradi taila / Kumkumadi Taila – for good facial skin and complexion
Bala Ashwagandhadi Taila / Ksheerabala taila – to improve strength of sense organs.

While massaging, avoid eye lids and eyes.
After massage, give hot fomentation. You can do this by mopping the face with a towel dipped in hot water / washing the face with hot water / giving hot fomentation with a cloth pack of salt, heated on a pan. Hot fomentation should be given to face and neck, avoiding eyes and eye lids.
Lie on a cot in a room devoid of breeze or excess sunlight.
For convenience, keep a thin pillow below neck.
Lie straight with his face upwards, extending arms and legs.

Take Anu Tailam – the oil for Nasya procedure. The oil is slightly warmed in hot water bed, just before administration.
Two drops of the oil are instilled into each nostril.
This can be done by another person. Because while self administering, one may miss the target 😉

After instilling, soles, neck, palms, ears etc. should be massaged- mildly.
After about 30 minutes, sputum along with medicine may come out. You have to spit it all out.
If you feel excess of heat / burning sensation, then wash your face with cold water.
After this procedure, one should lie with face upwards, for 2 minutes.
Then, ideally, smoke inhalation with medicated herbs and mouth gargling should be done, to cleanse the throat.

Symptoms of good Nasya procedure –
Breathing without difficulty
Good sleep
Improved strength of sense organs

Symptoms of inadequate Nasya –
Vision problems
Emaciation, dryness of nose and mouth
feeling of emptiness in head
If you feel these symptoms, then repeat the procedure of Nasya.

Symptoms of excess Sneha nasya –
Itching
Feeling of heaviness of the head,
Excess salivation,
Anorexia
Rhinitis
are signs of excess of Nasya.
Pratimarsha cleanses, clears the channels, relieves fatigue, improves eye sight, bestows sturdiness to the teeth and mitigates the Vata.29

Benefits of Nasya treatment –
The skin, shoulders, neck face and chest become thick, well developed and bright;
The body parts and the sense organs become strong
disappearance of grey hairs will be obtained by persons who becomes habituated to nasal medication.

How it works:

The medicaments administered through the nostrils pervade into the nervous and venous system present in and around the nostrils. Then they evacuate the morbidity present or distributed in nearby area. Thus it relieves the blockage of the channels and the diseases are cured effectively.

Rationality of nasya therapy:
It is a well-known factor that the olfactory centre is located in the temporal lobe of the brain. The filaments of first cranial nerve, Olfactory nerve arise from the upper parts of the nasal mucosa, from where the minute fibrils pass to meet with the fibres from olfactory bulb. This nerve passes the cribriform plate present over here and joins the olfactory centre in the temporal lobe of the brain.
As mentioned earlier, the numerous capillaries embedded in the nasal mucosa absorb the medicinal principles administered through nasya and produce various kinds of local and systemic effects by mechanical and chemical reactions.
The discharge secreted contain the blocking morbids and are evacuated through nasal route.
Thus the pathological condition is reversed and the disease is relieved.

Q: I feel throat irritation after Nasya with Anu taila. Remedies?
A: After nasya treatment, gargle with hot water and spit out for 2 minutes time.
Take half a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Add just a small pinch of black pepper powder, mix it with ghee, burn and inhale fumes. This will dry up the remnant Kapha, leftover after nasya.
If you are okay with spices, taking 1 gram of Trikatu powder with honey should also be useful. Or ginger juice – 1 teapsoon with a little honey is also fine to take.

The product links are affiliate. Do not follow given advice, without consulting your doctor.

Comments

1. Caroline says:

If you already have grey hair is it possible to disappear with daily nasya?

Yes. There are good chances.

• Akhilesh says:

Hello doctor actually i’ve been prescribed prabhanjana nashya(6 drops daily) for nerve inflammation.Can u pls shed some light on the benefits of prabhanjana nashya?Thanks in advance.

• Dr Malini Bhat says:

Hello sir, Nasya has only these types:
          1. Pradhamana (virechan) Nasya (cleansing nasya)
          2. Bruhana Nasya (nutrition nasya)
          3. Shaman Nasya (Sedative Nasya)
          4. Navana Nasya (Decoction Nasya)
          5. Marshya Nasya (Ghee Or Oil Nasya)
          6. Pratimarshya (Daily Oil Nasya)

Prabhanjana is the name of the oil which you have been asked to do the nasya.
          Prabhanjana taila nasya helps in reducing the inflammation. It is used in the neuro-muscular conditions due to Vata imbalance.

You can read more about Prabhanjana thaila here: http://ayurmedinfo.com/2012/06/09/prabhanjana-vimardanam-thailam-benefits-how-to-use-ingredients/

2. how panchgavya be used as nasya for epilepsy ? Can same medicine Panchgavya Ghrita for epilepsy for oral administration is used for nasya by slightly warming it ?

Yes, Panchagavya Ghrita itself is heated to room temperature and used for Nasya.

3. TK Sharma says:

Sir, I commend you for your incredible work in promoting Ayurveda to the masses.

I have myself been doing Nasya daily with Anu Oil for chronic migraines on the advice of my doctor. I have some questions for you which I request you to kindly answer.

1. While the sputum does come into my mouth, I am unable to spit is as it feels like it is at the base of my throat and doesn’t come out. I am only able to spit out saliva
    2. Some internet sites suggest lowering the head below shoulders. Do you recommend it
    3. I feel very relaxed after doing the nasya. Is it just wishful thinking on my part ?
    4. Can I eat after doing the procedure ?

Dear TK Sharma, Thanks for kind aprreciation.
      1. If the sputum does not come into mouth, then there is nothing to worry.
      2. Just keeping a thin pillow below the neck to raise the position of nose to some extent.
      3. It is not just wishful feeling of being relaxed. Nasya has its own good effect.
      4. You can eat after half an hour after the procedure.

• Himanshu Kumar says:

I live at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Where can I buy Anu Tailam, locally in neighbouring cities or on the Internet?

Hi, usually it is available in all Ayurvedic medical shops. Just go and inquire. If not, please write to Mr Veeresh – info@eayur.com and mention my name in the email. He will help you.

4. dr namrata says:

sir regards all your articles are worth reading :)thanks for sharing practically very useful

5. This is unbelievable! I have problems with huge excessive mucus in my throat. It started with my pregnancy (the same happened in my previous pregnancy). I also gaining excessive weight (to my opinion). So, I feel this mucus all the time in my throat, A LOT. That’s why when I lie down in the evenings I start coughing (very specific cough to get rid of mucus instinctively). Also, I have a lot of it on the mornings.
    One day I decided to put some drops of Kumkumadi oil in my nose (I recollected some info about nasya). What I felt- fist it was like you put some pepper on your throat surface, this feeling stopped in 2-3 minutes, then it’s like itching, then it’s like something is going on with mucus- pretty severe process and I want to cough and get rid of it. In 15 minutes- it’s like a miracle- you do not feel mucus in you throat almost on 95% any more and I can breathe easily without any obstacles.
    Now, I also have some issues with pollen allergy sometimes (throat and nose itching, sneezing), I have not clearly understood yet if this also helps me against it. Because on day I have allergy, the other day not.
    That’s my experience and, Dr. Hebbar, if you have some extra advise for me, please, I would be very appreciated! Thank you for your work!! I am your constant follower here and on youtube.
    I use this oil http://amzn.to/VKXujO

6. Gaurav says:

Wasn’t able to understand properly – after instilling the nasya oil and doing light massage of soles, palms, etc…should one lie on the bed for 2 minutes or 30 minutes?

Also (if it is being done for Vata balancing), is it okay to do in the evenings even on cool days when there has been no sun at all, as long as the room is warm/heated? Or is it better not to do it?

Hi,
      As I have stated under heading of timing for Nasya, if it is for Vata balancing, it can be done in evening.
      After instilling the nasal drops (for daily basis usage, only couple of drops to each nostrils), lie down for two minutes, after which you can wake up. expulsion of sputum etc may take anywhere between few to 30 minutes.

7. Can you use mustard oil for daily nasya ??

Hi, for general use, Mustard oil is a bit hot to use for Nasya. But if you are already accustomed to it, or if the doctor has prescribed, then you can use it.

8. can you please explain about heating the oil in water bed, should we heat the two drops or the whole oil in the bottle?

Take the bottle containing the oil, with tightly closed cap.
      Take a wide mouthed vessel. Fill water upto half level.
      Carefully place the oil bottle in the water. You may hold it straight with a holder.
      Heat the vessel till the water in the vessel is around – 50 degree celsius – just above room temperature.
      You can heat this way, everytime you use the oil.
      Hope it helps

9. Dear Dr Hebbar,

I regularly read your articles. Thank you very much for sharing Ayurveda with so many persons in the world! Wish you a great life and a very bright future.

10. Dr Hebbar

I am a interested follower of ayurveda and your site in particular.

I have chronic cough with a itchy throat in winter and suffer from frequent headaches and sinusitis attacks. I have found that jal neti helps keep my nasal passage clear, but I end up with a heavy head afterwards.

I have tried anu tailam, but i cannot bear the bad taste in my mouth later. So I prefer jal neti except for the headache later. Would appreciate your inputs on this

Jala neti is also a very effective remedy for sinusitis and related complaints. If nasya is not working out, if you can consult an Ayurvedic doctor, alternative treatments or simple oral medicines can be tried out.

11. Can I use cow ghee ? What are benefits of it ?

In migraine, allergic rhinitis, cow ghee – 2 drops to each nostrils can be used.

12. Doctor,

After instilling soles,neck, palms, ear should be massaged, you means the seasame oil? Also I like to know, can we use combination with different options as you suggested.

Presently, I am (from gulf region)used to massage with Kottamchukkadi taila for spine joints and head massage with Ramthirth- Brahmi oil, just 20-30 min before taking bath at evening. Please advice, is Nasya treatment possible continue at the same time.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, After instilling the nasya oil – (It can be sesame oil or preferably Anu taila), the soles, neck palm etc should be given plain massage, without any oil. Just to improve blood circulation.

In your case, in the morning, after morning bowel evacuation, just two drops of anu taila instillation to both nostrils should be useful.

13. which is better for natsya – til oil or cow tup/ ghee?

thanks for nice guidence

It depends on conditions. There are many criteria. One is – if the disease is of pure Vata, til oil or taila made of til oil like anu taila is used. If it is vata pitta combination then ghee. It also depends largely on your doctor’s choice.

14. Thank you Doctor for the reply on heating the anuthailam, I tried nasaya treatment with Anuthailam Its great! I am person who suffers from sinusitis.After I started nasaya treatment 1 month back, I have not got any attacks of sinusitis till now, previously I used to get cold,headache running nose toothache at least once in a month.Thank you so much doctor for teaching us Ayurveda and apply its principles in daily life! I really appreciate you work!

15. Hello Doctor,

Can I use Kumkumadi tailam for nasya? how many times in a week I can do this treatment?

You can use Kumkumadi Tailam for Nasya, assuming that the product is from a very good company. It can be done twice a week, if not daily.

16. excellent and educative article. I have been following your mails of late. Thanks for your yeomen service.I have just taken nyasa karma and finished today only for 7 days.This is suggested by a doctor for my nose block especially night times and if I consume cold items. I under went septoplasty operation also but things not improved, Can you suggest any thing Doctor garu.

Hi, Thanks for kind appreciation.
      Since you already are following your doctor’s advice, I suggest you to continue treatment with him only.
      It takes a few weeks time to show result.

17. Hi Dr hebbar,Love your articles!
    You suggest using anu oil daily(as per treatment in this post),but I read that anu oil treatment should only be used for 7 days, 3 times a year?is it true?
    Kindly clarify sir.

Hi, thanks.
      There are two types of Nasya procedure – Marsha nasya and pratimarsha nasya.
      Marsha nasya – many drops of oil is used. This is for only a particular period of time, for particular patients.
      But pratimarsha nasya is – instilling two drops to each nostril, this is advised to be done everyday.

18. Juliette says:

Hi, I’m 17 weeks pregnant and I’m having such awful sinus problems that it is affecting every area of my life including waking me up during the night because I can’t breathe. This has been going on for over six weeks and it feels like a combination of allergies and swollen irritated sinuses. I’ve been using my neti pot but it is not helping. I described nasya to my OB and he just made a funny face and said “I wouldn’t do that”. Is this safe for pregnant women? There is an ayurvedic practitioner nearby who does nasya. Would you recommend I try this and have a professional do it? Thank you so much for your time!

Hi, there are two types of Nasya. Marsha Nasya – higher doses.
      Pratimarsha nasya – 2 drops to each nostril. I believe you can undergo just pratimarsha nasya for a short period of 5 – 7 days.
      Include a bit of turmeric and ginger in your diet.
      Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder with an ounce of ghee. Apply a very thin layer of this ghee into inside part of nostrils in the morning.

• vasavi says:

Can we use anu taila for prathimarsana nasya doctor.

• kalahukassa says:

Dear Doc,
        Im little bit confused. You have gave two wonderful instructions and I wonder which one is the right one for allergic rhinitis/sinusitis caused by dust and pollen allergy.
        1) Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder with an ounce (30ml) of ghee. Ratio is 1:6 or
        2) Add two pinches of turmeric to 4 teaspoons of ghee. Ratio in this is 1:32.

Second question is; if the the Ghee lipid is replaced with a Sesame or Anu thailam, does the benefit will be the same for the one?

Hi, more the concentration of turmeri powder, better will be the efficacy.
          ghee can be replaced with anu tailam (first preference) or sesame oil. This would yield similar result.

19. FOR CHRONIC SINUSITIS ANU TAIL AM NASAL THERAPY IS EXCELLENT. SUGGEST ME FOR AYURVEDA MEDICINES FOR INTAKE

20. Purushotham says:

I am 85 years old healthy I am having Sinus problem and having tonsils Fifty five years back means at the age age 30 I had Nasya treatment for 11 days at Areya Vidya Pahramacy Coimbatore At that age I had a fall in the back water at Cochin and escaped by GODS Grace watery grave but started running nose and Heaviness in my head and continuous sneezing especially in the winter I contacted here Dharmasthala Medical college and said I can have nasya for five days but my wife was against it as I am above 80 Years Another important thing I want to mention is I had three major surgery for spinal operation for slip disc year 2004,Shoulder bone fracture and and dislocation saft has been fixed year 2008 and for Hip fracture and replacement year 2012 Now because of sever cold and chill wind having irritation in my nose and throat and also cough What should I do
    Purushotham shedambi

Hi, because of your age, it is very difficult to give an online advice. Please go ahead with the judgement and treatment plan of your local Ayurvedic doctor.

21. dr how a pregnant lady can take ginzer. its very hot.

Hi, it is not very necessary for a pregnant lady to take ginger as a rule. If she feels like taking it, or is suffering from indigestion, vomiting then a simple ginger tea or using small amounts in diet is useful.
      Read more – Ginger benefits – easyayurveda.com/2014/12/20/ginger-benefits-research-home-remedies-side-effects/

22. Will nasya with kumkumadi tailam clear skin of acne? Will it help hyperpigmentation? I am a 42 year old woman with RA. I never had skin problems before. The acne has started about 2 years ago. I am about to start ayurvedic treatment for RA.

23. Alannah Delene says:

Dr.Hebbar,
    Thank you for all your help to all of us.!!!
    I live in Canada and I am very interested in Ayurveda.

24. Alannah Delene says:

I think i hit the wrong button.
    I have a question,I would love to clean the mucus that i have in my sinuses and throat with nasya.To make it more effective would you recommend to infuse sesame oil with herbs.I can get herbs here but it is not easy to find a good nasya oil in my town.My constitution is Vata Pitta and i think my pitta is out of balance,as i feel hot flashes and have redness around my sinuses.Also probably Vata needs to be pacified too.Thank you for your help,Doctor,
    Alannah

Hi, it is very difficult for a new Ayurvedic person to make perfect Ayurvedic nasya oil.
      In stead, you can do Nasya with sesame oil itself.

• Alannah Delene says:

Is this will be as effective to clear the sinuses from all the ama and also emotions,that are lodged in that mucus?
        Thank you for all your assistance,Alannah

Hi, it is effective in clearing the sinuses and to relieve Ama.
          It is also useful to bring about mental stability.

25. Dhivya says:

Very nice article. . I find very useful. . Thanks to Dr.Hebbar.I tried this nasyam. . For 2 hours I feel very free..after tat nose is getting blocked and unable to breathe. . Wat shall I do? Can u suggest any remedy?

Hi, if you tried this remedy to relieve nose blocking, then things will only get better with its usage over a period of 2 – 3 weeks
      If you were not having any nose blockage, but after using Nasya, if you are suffering with it, then you will need to do Nasya only when the Clouds are absent on the skies. Before Nasya, massage the face with sesame oil and use steam for 1 minute or dip a towel in hot water and wash face.
      You may have to consult a doctor if things are not working out, even after following these guidelines.

26. Dhivya says:

thanks for your shares.:) im suffereing from sinusitis and i find very useful.. I used anu thailam and feeling great relief.. but wen i bent down for any work my nose is getting blocked.. will it become alright if i keep on continuing the treatment?? please reply me..

27. Vasanthi says:

Dear Sir,
    1. I read that one can use either Ksheerabala thaila or Ksheerabala 101 for daily nasya?
    2. What is the difference between Ksheerabala and Ksheerabala 101.
    3. One website says that Ksheerabala is good for cervical spondylosis while another says that it Ksheerabala oil is not good for cervical spondylosis.

28. Vasanthi says:

Dear Dr Hebbar,

Can one do nasya at home with Ksheerabala Thaila? I understand there is regular Ksheerabala oil and Ksheerabala 101. What is the difference in benefits of these 2 thaila and which one can be used regularly at home (if it can be used) for nasya.

29. Thank you Dr. Hebbar for all your advice. I have been using Brahmi Ghee nasya but only rubbing it in the insides of my nostrils before bed. I am hoping it will help with depression and emotions. I am of pitta vata dosha. Do you think this will help me?

30. I have a question. my 40% hairs are gray. Its a hereditary issue. Do you think nasya can still help?

31. neela madhiwala says:

Hi I read your artical and my question is can I have a cow ghee nasya for good sleep

32. neela madhiwala says:

Perfect artical

33. Hi doctor
    I do jal neti for getting relief from my sinus and allergy.However i am confused about which oil or ghee to be used after jal neti to lubricate my sinus?Which oil is better?pure sesame oil or shadabindu oil or badam oil or cow ghee or simple mustard oil?

34. Sudhakar J says:

Sir, I have taken asana bilwadi taila as face massage, followed by fomentation and then the y put 7/8 drops bindu taila in nostril and gargle with salt water. I have sinusitus and polyps based on ct scan. I have done this for 7 days in ayur hospital. But can continue this daily with 2 drops? My problem blocked nose very high in night and for head pain when driving in bike with air falling on my face

Hi, higher dose of Nasya is only done at hospital for limited period of time. For you to continue it at home, for a long run, 2 drops on both nostrils is the correct dose.

35. Hello Doctor, I have both anutailam andkumkumadi thailam. Can I use anyone of them for nasya. Also I am using anu thailam daily after shower morning and evening. I find it good. This is from Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala. my body is slim and I am massaging with Dhanwathri Thailam before shower. This all I am doing as per the articles I had seen. Let me know all ok to do this. Thanks Doctor for your time.

Chith

Hi, it looks fine. If you are targeting any particular disease, like headache, earache etc, then Anu tailam for Nasya is more apt.
      If you are targeting good complexion, good strength of sense organs etc, Kumkumadi oil is good. (Not denying that Anu tailam also serves this purpose.)
      Dhanvantari tailam is good for massage, before shower. You can continue.

36. Hello,
    As per the doctor i have sinus and taking shadbindu oil(Jiva Product) from last 1 week as per the doctor guidance. But mucus is not coming out from my nose nor i feel sneezing. I am unable to understand If this oil is working for me or not.
    Please guide

37. Arunmalathi Murugan says:

Hello Sir,
    I am Arunmalathi.Your blog is very good and useful. I was suffering from chronic Headache for the last few year. I am taking Ayurveda Medicine now. Now I feel Better than before.
    Three weeks before Doctor suggested me to do Nasyam therapy. Karpuradi thailam and Anu Tailam were used.I removed Mucus through Throat what all came. During Nasyam Treatment i was suffering from Ear pain and pain in Use Station (near ear) .
    Doctor told as it is chronic you are having pain in ear.But after finishing my treatment mucus was coming out .Now I am Suggested with medicine for removing mucus out.
    My doubt is my skin became rough.Places where it was tightly massaged those places are very rough why it is so?? Near ear,neck portion below cheek and near nose its terribly rough..will it be like this or it will go? & I had acne the patches are now dark?
    What to do for making skin smooth & to remove this dark Patches of acne?

38. Hello Sir,
    I am Arunmalathi.I had Severe headache for the last few years. Now I am taking ayurveda Medicine.I feel better now.You articles are very helpful

Last month I was adviced to take Nasyam Therapy. While having Nasyam Therapy.I had severe pain in my ear and Use station(tube connected from ear),Karpurardi Thailam and Anu thailam were used.

After finishing my nasyam therapy my skin got rough.One month got over still I have those rough dot dot kind of thing in my face.It has become so rough near nose and both cheeks. i also have acne problem.the patches are very dark now.Why it is so?
    But Mucus are coming out from throat still.Now I am suggested with few medicine that removes cough.
    How to make my skin soft? Will it be like this? And how to make my patches light?
    Thank you.

Hi, apply Kumkumadi oil – over the affected skin areas.

Take 5 drops in to your finger tips gently rub it on to your face for 5 minutes, wash off with warm water. Do this everyday. Available here – http://bit.ly/1DCNNEm

39. kinnari says:

I have a sewer hair loss problem. Will nasya treatment work for it? Can I use cow ghee for nasya instead of oil? Plz reply fast…..

40. Hi Doctor. Thanks for sharing such a useful article.

I read Patanjali magazine and there I found one article about graying hair. After this I came to know about nasya. It looked useful for me as my 70% hair are grey. I have already taken so many homeopathy/allopathy but it didn’t work even a single percent.I am very not confident about this nasys vidhi so I looked it in Internet and found your article. It seems useful for me.

I have some question regarding Nasya Vidhi for only graying hair.

1. If I do it on regular basis, would it be helpful for me?
    2. Which oil I should prefer for graying hair Nasya vidhi, I read in Ptanajali about Neem Oil/Harad Oil/Baheda oil etc.which one is best effective for greying hair.
    3. How long I should do this?

seeking for your advice.

Thanks.

Hi, I cannot guarantee a cure for your grey hair problem. Please do nasya with anu taila – 2 drops to each nostrils for 1 month time.

41. Dear Doctor,

Revisiting your website after a long gap. Request you to answer these questions about Nasya treatment.

1. Under the heading “Right time for Nasya therapy” , different times mentioned based on Kapha/Pitta/Vata dominance and based on season (Winter / Summer ) etc. I assume these guidelines are for following the Marsha Nasya procedure ?. For long term Pratimarsha Nasya is it ok to ignore these and simply put 2 – 2 drops immediately after waking up every day in morning ?

2. I understand Pratimarsha is for long term. Does long term mean we can make this a daily lifelong practise ?

3. I have with me pure cow ghee infused with brahmi. Can I rotate it with Anu thailam ? Say Anu tailam one month followed by brahmi ghee one month and then back to Anu thailam.. and so on ?

4. I am in the habit of drinking water immediately after waking up. The instructions say Nasya should not be given to persons who just then consumed water. Is this guideline to be followed for Pratimarsha Nasya also or is it only for Marsha Nasya ?

5. If we massage oil on face everyday, wont the skin become oily over a period of time ?

Thanks in advance!
    Sujay

1. The season-wise explanation is for Marsha nasya. Day-wise classification can also hold good to Pratimarsha Nasya. For example, If you have Kapha imbalance, Do pratimarsha nasya in the morning, Pitta – afternoon.. etc.

2. Pratimarsha can be practiced life long.
      3. You can do that.
      4. The guideline holds good even for Pratimarsha.
      5. If the person already has a very oily face, then just palm massage is sufficient. Oil massage is not necessary in such a case.

• Dear Doctor

Few more questions if you can kindly clarify..

I am not sure which of the imbalance I have. Moreover it’s not possible to nasya in afternoon since I will be in office. Evening also not possible since most days I come home only in night. Can I just ignore these and do nasya daily morning after waking up Irrespective of which imbalance I may have. Will there be any negative effect if I am supposed to do in afternoon/evening but do in the morning?

Is it ok to do oil pulling immediately after nasya or should I give 30 mins gap?

Daily nasya with anu tailam leaves the smell of oil in my breath. It’s there some way to avoid this?

I drink almost a liter of water immediately after getting up and then go about brushing teeth etc followed by oil pulling and then exercise. I can’t stay idle 30 mins after nasya since I need to finish rest of the routine and rush to office . Don’t have much free time in morning. Any advice how I can introduce nasya in this Morning routine?

Thanks in advance
        Sujay

Hi, first oil pulling, then at least 15 minutes gap, you can do gentle face massage with sesame oil, then steam and then nasya (2 drops) – in the morning.
          For further advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.
          For email advice, please write to our health experts here (paid service) – https://easyayurveda.com/consult/

42. Hello Doctor

I am struggling with sinusitis for more than a month and mainly worried about discomfort in ear as I feel something is struck inside middle ear. Recently lost lot of weight(9KG) first due to diet changes I made and then due to throat infection and fever. After which I am struck with sinus and ear issue.
    My query is can I use shadbindu tail at night while sleeping ? As your blog says for vata it should be done in afternoon but due to office timings I can only do it either in morning or night while sleeping. Please suggest.

• Dr Malini Bhat says:

Sir, it is feasible to take the medication as mentioned in the texts to avoid the side effects and worsen the symptoms more.

43. RaviSai says:

I have COPD,sinusitis and throat mucus.I’ve been using Otrivin to avoid nasal blockage.I use it once in every 2-3 hours.I’ve lately started using AnuThailam under prescription.I put 4-5 drops in each nostril.I get spits continuosly for about 2-3 hours.Is it normal?

Hi, it is normal. The spits is just a way of eliminating excess mucus – Kapha dosha out of body. Do Nasya treatment, before food at about 8 am.

44. Hi sir,

Iam basically from kerala now in dubai, i have severe headache weekly 4 days or more minimum, i checked with neurology, he told that it is migraine starting stage, he gave some medicine for 2 months i finished the dosage clear, during that period i didnt get any headache, after finished the complete medicine, now again headache started like previously, is there any permanent cure in ayurveda or siddha medicine, please advice me to get a permanent relief. also please mention where can i get that medicine in dubai.

Thanks in advance

Hi, usually after 2 months, the medicine should not be stopped abruptly. The dose should be reduced gradually. You can get the medicines from Indiaabundance.com or madanapalas.com

45. Lorain says:

In the article you say Nasya can be used for hyper-pigmentation, what is the thinking on that?
    Also if one is susceptible to nosebleeds would Naysa be recommended?

Hi,
      Nasya is useful for balancing Pitta dosha in face and neck. Hyper-pigmentation is usually due to Pitta imbalance.
      If one is susceptible to nose bleeds, he can still take Nasya treatment, but for initial few trials, better to do it under an Ayurveda expert.
      Regular nasya with leaf juice of Durva (Cynodon dactylon) – 2 – 4 drops to each nostril is said to be remedy for nasal bleeding.

46. Hi Dr.
    I regularly read your articles. Thank you very much for sharing Ayurveda Knowledge.
    I would like to know, whether i can do ksheerabala nasya in noon time for running nose/blocked nose ? My Dr. told me to do it in the morning (between 9-10 am ) as a 3 day course.
    Thanks in advance

• Dr Malini Bhat says:

Dear sir, It will be useful if you use the oil in the morning and not in the noon as specified by the doctor.

47. Which is best oil for improving EyeSight

48. Hi Dr,

Today is my first day when I read your articles. I wish I could read them few years ago. These are so so knowledgeable. I have one query, if you could please respond.

Once every 6 months, I suffer with cold which then converts to cough after 5-6 days of cold. After that, mucus thicken and my nose gets blocked. Even I flush it, I feel it heavy and difficult to breath via both nostrils. Can I do nasya treatment for few days using Shadbindu tail or cow ghee to get rid of this allergy and unblock the nose. And off course, I will surely visit Ayurveda Dr soon as soon as I find a good Dr in my area.

Hi, Nasya treatment with Shadbindu oil will be useful in your condition.
      Thanks for finding time to read my article.

49. is cow home made ghee useful to treat sinusitis by nasya treatment

50. please suggest me the best kukumadi oil, which can be bought online

51. sanajeevi says:

doctor , im suffering from migrain for the past 15 years. is this kseerbala helpful?

52. I have a sewer hair loss problem. Wil Anutalia nasya work for that problem

53. Very Informative article Sir,
    I want to know that can we use cow’s ghee in Pratimarsha nasya on daily basis and as there are no complications and contraindications are described for Pratimarsha nasya in our Classical Text. So According to you what things should be taken care of while doing Pratimarsha Nasya with Cow’s ghee?

Another Thing is can we use Triphala ghrita in Pratimarsha Nasya? Any reference in our classical text or experience regarding that you can share with me whether to do or not.

Ghee can be used for Pratimarsha Nasya on daily basis, on empty stomach. Same rules / guidelines as explained in the above articles hold good.

Triphala ghrita can also be used as Pratimarsha Nasya, although, I have not used it in my patients.

54. Very Informative article Hebbar Sir,
    I’m a currently 3rd year BAMS student (UG), we want to carry out one Research project kind of clinical-case study.The prime objective of this study is to (1). To Justify the use of Pratimarsha Nasya in Dincharya as described in our classical text for the prevention of some specific diseases as well as the promotion of health. (2) To develop the confidence and belief in the students for the Ayurvedic procedures.

Here we have selected the Students only as a volunteers on which we are going to perform this Pratimarsha Nasya with cow’s ghee for One-month and once in a morning time on daily basis.

I want to know that can we use Cow’s ghee for Pratimarsha Nasya on daily basis as there are no complications and contraindication described for Pratimarsha Nasya in our classical text.

And Can we use Triphala Ghrita in Pratimarsha Nasya? Any Reference in our classical text or experience regarding that you can share with me whether to do that or not.

Sir May I ask you any questions or queries regarding any Ayurvedic topic in future directly communicating through you mail or skype?

55. Shashikant Kedia says:

Your replies are very helpful. I am suffering from Headache on my left side even with exposure to early morning sunrays for a minute or so. Can Nysya treatment be done at home once a day as per the above procedure for entire year? Or is it to be done only for a limited period? if so for how many days and at at what intervals?

2 drops of Nasya per day can be done everyday, except on those days when it is raining or cloudy.

56. Major B Bhikshapathy (Retd) says:

Dear Doctor,
    I am 61 years old. My left side of face ie cheek and nose was affected by Herpes Zoaster (due to chicken pox virus in elderly people) in July 2014. After 5 days of admission in hospital Herpes problem was over. I was having severe burning sensation in my head for 6-7 times a day for next 30 days or so. After that there is no burning sensation or any pain in the head.
    But there is feeling of squeezing on the cheek near the nose and below the left eye. Left upper lip is worst affected. I have to apply some vaselline gelly after every half an hour or so. Else I have burning sensation there. This is there for the last 19 months.I have been using allopathic & ayurvedic medicines (tablets) so far. There is no improvement at all. Doctors say that nerves near the nose and on the left cheek are damaged by Herpes and may take years to set right the nerves damaged.

One of my friends suggested to use Ksheera bala Thaila as nasyam. I have read the usage and dosage from your Questions and Answers on the Net. Kindly advise me on the usefulness and efficacy of Ksheera bala 101 thailam for my problem.

With warm regards,
    Major Bhikshapathy (Retd)
    Hyderabad

Hi, Ksheerabala 101 oil Nasya indeed will be useful for you. Just 2 drops to each nostrils on empty stomach, in the morning is good to apply. If symptoms do not improve even after 15 – 20 days, please consult a doctor directly.

57. Ashwini says:

My doctor has advised 5 day nasya treatment for skin problems using anu tailam and yashti madhu tailam for massage….. I have been advised not to wash my hair during these 5 day treatment which is making me feel quite uncomfortable.
    Q1 why should I not wash my hair?
    Q2 what will happen if I take head bath?

58. Dr I am suffering from bad breath .halitosis from last four years .I check up my whole body from .nag. Dr. Suggested to me about endoscopy I have done it.now he suggested to me to consult to ENT….my all tests are clear.. What to do.now I started apple cider vinegar.can I use any taila.plz.suggest to me sir..

• Dr Malini Bhat says:

Namaste Sir, Here are some remedies you can inculcate for warding off bad breath:

1. Take 1 cup of hot water.Add 3 tsp of cinnamon powder. Mix well. When lukewarm, use as a mouthwash
      2. Decoction made from Methi seeds (Fenugreek seeds) helps to get rid from Bad Breathe and bad odour.
      3. 2 tablets of Khadiradi Vati can be chewed.
      4. Gargling with Triphala Decoction also can help.

59. parth.. says:

Hello dr.
    I have a hair loss prob.
    I used cow ghee for it.
    And nasya do at sleeping time after i sleep
    I was doing this treatment last 5 day whenever i do nasya my cold will increase and i cant breath..
    What shoul i do?

Hi, if you are experiencing breathing issues, please stop doing Nasya and consult a doctor directly. There are better alternatives to treat hair fall, such as use of Neelibhringadi oil, consuming chyawanprash etc.

For further advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly. If you wish to get my personal email advice, it is a paid service. Details here – https://easyayurveda.com/contact-details/

60. Hello Dr.
    I have been suffering from migraine for past 20 years and since last 3 weeks I started using Anutail which has helped me a lot in reducing the frequency as well as severity of the attacks. Can u please let me know if I can use it during pregnancy as I’m not able to do without Anutail even for 1 day

61. p.vijayalakshmi says:

after reading about anuthalam i used the one which had bought and not used.i felt relaxed. cd expell mucous more! thankyou. i have been using inhaler for three or four yrs to have soothing effect

62. Sagar Parmar says:

Namaste Sir,
    I had suffered hair loss from last 2 years and also observed thinning of hair from front to top side so what i will use this therapy for this metter??? And its increase hair density ???

63. Sir can we use sanshodhit gomutra for nasya in alopecia/khalitya treatment.

64. purushottam shedambi says:

I am 86 years old no diabetics healthy only the thing is undergone three major surgery Spinal operation for slip disc year 2004, Shoulder bone fracture 2008 and Hip fracture replacement 2012 In the year 1961 had Nasya Treatment for sinusitis at Ayurveda clinic at Coimbatore Since five years having sinus problem again Am I fit for Nasya treatment Please advice
    Purushottam shedambi

65. Sir Iam 30 yrs and 5 months pregnant now I have greying of hair and hair fall can u please give me advise that can I use nasya treatment and if yes which oil and the way of using it I would be greatful if u provide me the information.

66. Saurabh says:

Sir I have bronchitis asthma + rhinitis .My age is 24. . Which medicine combinations are useful for me . What are the doses and duration. Dietary restrictions .

For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.
      If you want my help in finding a good Ayurveda doctor for you, then let me know your place.

For email advice (not a reliable option, we do not promise any cure), please write to our health experts here (paid service) – https://easyayurveda.com/consult/

67. Ganesh says:

Dear Sir, I am having conductive hearing loss – 40 Decibals in both my ears. Also have Tinnitus in my right ear. Can this be cured with Nasya routine?

68. Manisha bhatt says:

namaste
    My son is 24years old.
    Right from his childhood he has cold and cough problem and everyday sneezing in the morning. He also had adenoid tonsil problem which got operated when he was 12years.
    Sir he wants to get rid of his sneezing problem. What should we do?
    My husband had same problem and I used to give him Nasya with cow ghee.

For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

69. I have lower back pain with constant pain at L5-S1(lowest vertebra). I have slip disc issue on left side of the vertebra and also my spine muscles are tight which increase the pain. Can you please suggest which oil massage is good to release muscle tension?

70. Ideally, what should be the duration for administering Nasya for hair loss including male pattern baldness? like, for a week, a month? or more?

71. Dear Dr J V Hebbar Sir,
    Sir, I need your help, I suffering from very chronic sinusitis disease from long time.
    I did my CT scan twice, in CT scan dr. found my nose has a deviated septum in left side, because of which I have an infection in nose also have a breathing problem.
    I have taken all kind of medicine like, (allopathy, homeopathy ) Ayurvedic treatment is continuing.
    I request to please suggest treatment which will help me permanently.
    If I got your contact details, then I can call you & give you more detail information about myself.

Regards,
    Sourabh

For further personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

For email advice (not a reliable option, we do not promise any cure), please write to me at https://easyayurveda.com/buy (paid service)

72. TNVS PRAVEEN says:

Can we give nasya for speech delay in kids who is 4 years old and speaking only two words . If we can use please suggest me how to use and when to use

Yes. Anu Taila / Brahmi ghrita / Ksheerabala oil can be used.
      Please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

73. Hi, Dr! I`am Austrian, 67 y. old. My constitution is Vata-Pitta with all typical ilnesses (psychical, physical like artrose, steafnes etc). I had in february 2017 21 day panchakarma in one hospital /Karnataka. I`ve among other things long years gras&mites&moulds allergie, dry nose, even after sinusitis-sergery and take 2xday sold water-douche and special ointment against dryness (with aluminium & oils-content). Also in high allergie-season here (june-august) I take kortikoid spray. Ayurveda-Dr. prohibited this ointment and started with Nasya & Anu-Thailam. But after every nasya befornoon after massage and 2 drops befor sleeping I received sneeze, rinitis, itching in nose and lips-corner, berning in throath. Ca. after 1-2 h. symptomes where away until next therapy. Dr sayd, will be away after 3 days. But it didnot . Then I received Anu-Thailam for home treatment. Now since 1 month I am in Austria (cold, less sun, changeble weather). Duering using of Anu-Thailam (2 drops in every nostial befor sleeping, after teeth-brushing, face-washing) 3 weeks long my allergy-symptoms became worser. So I stopped it. After 1 week braiking all allergical symptomes finished. But bec. of dryness in nose I started again with my from Ayur. Dr. prohibited austrian ointment, Question to you: What I did fals with anu-thailam? What can you recomend me instead that? Sesam oil I tryed. No allergie, but doesn`t help against drynes in nose.
    With sesam-oil I do massage of my body 1-3 time week.
    Thank your for your attention.

For further personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

For email advice (not a reliable option, we do not promise any cure), please write to our health expert Prof. Dr Prashanth MD (Ayu), PhD, here (paid service) –

74. Ashwini says:

Thanks for the excellent article Dr. Hebbar, which educates people like me on various aspects of Ayurveda. I am a regular visitor to your website. I have one doubt. Can the ghee (which we use for eating) be regularly administered in each nostril of 2 drops early morning?

75. Ashwini says:

Thanks for the reply Dr. Hebbar.

76. Harshavardhini says:

Halo Dr,I am 29yrs old,I have pcod,I’m tkng ayurvedic medicines for that,and I have severe hair fall,have got too many Alopecia all my scalp,I keep checking my thyroid levels too the results comes as normal,but still my hair keep falling n it has bcm thin,and on the crown of my head I have lost some hairs too,it pains a lot,can you please suggest me which nasya treatment is more effective,for this hair loss,and also can it be done by myself at home and which oil has to be used,and I have sinusitis too please recommend the best medicine for both sinusitis and hair fall

Hi, Anu taila nasya can be useful. For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

For email advice (not a reliable option, we do not promise any cure), please write to our health expert Dr Raghuram BAMS MD (Ayu), here (paid service) –

77. Harshavardhini says:

Halo Doctor,
    Iam Harshavardhini,i have pcod,I’m facing a heavy hair fall n most of my scalp has got Alopecia,and I’m taking medicines for pcod in Ayurveda,n I keep checking my thyroid levels,it comes normal only,n I hv lost few hairs on my crown too,and I have sinusitis too can you please suggest which is the best nasya treatment for my servere hair,loss n my scalp pains a lot,n itches too can you suggest me a gud hairoil too please,and also I want to ask you can I take iron tablets or any vitamin tablets with the medicines of Ayurvedic which I’m taking for pcod as my doctor says my B12 count is less

Hi, you can take B12 and other supplements while taking Ayurvedic medicines.

For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

78. Parimal Korde says:

Is nasya useful for cutting depression? Which drops should I put

Yes. Anu Taila.
      For further personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

79. Halo Doctor,I’m a pcod patient,I’m suffering from severe hair loss,and for pcos I’m taking an Ayurvedic medicines,I keep checking my thyroid levels,though my reports are coming normal my hair fall has not stopped at all,and being a gal,I have lost my confidence due to this hairloss,I have got lot of Alopecia areta and also lost hair on my crown areas,can you please suggest any gud nasya treatment for me and also I would like to let u know that I have sinusitis too.

Can I take any vitamin or iron capsules along with ayurvedic medicines since my vitamins are too low and I feel very fatigue,my B12 are quite low

80. Sir after doing nasya i feel my nose is fully open and i can breathe more but i m feeling cough is formed in my throat after nasya i m not able to removed what to do ?? I m doing nasya with anu taila

Hi, after nasya treatment, gargle with hot water and spit out for 2 minutes time.

81. Can asthmatic patient do nasya??

Yes, under doctor’s advice.

• Sir i m doing nasya with anu thailam but cause cough in my throat after doing nasya ?? How to cure this

In the initial few days, cough reflex is common. After 4 – 5 days of Nasya treatment it should go. If not consult an Ayurveda doctor to learn the right Nasya technique.

82. Ganesh says:

Can I use neem oil for hair regrowth

83. Khushi patel says:

Hello sir.. what can i do for grey and rough and dry hair and hair fall problem.. my age is 25..

84. Hello sir. I had recurrent chronic sinus infections for the last 4-5 years. I did nasya treatment with anu oil last month in an ayurvedic clinic for 7 days. After that I was advised to do it regularly at home with 6 drops everyday. Last week I put excess oil in my right nostril about 15-20 drops. I felt headache, pressure/pain around the right eye , dryness of right nasal passage and right side throat irritation for 2-3 days, I stopped doing nasya for a week and tried again yesterday with 4 drops in each nostril. Again my right side nasal passage and eye feels dry and throat irritation returned on the right side. What shall I do now? Should I stop doing nasya? I checked with my doctor and she asked me to do proper nasya for 7 days at the clinic. I am worried about this irritation and dryness and hesitating to do it again. Please advise.

Hi, try with ghee nasya – 2 drops to each nostril for 1 week. After that, try with Anu oil – 2 drops to each nostril. If you start feeling comfortable, continue with this dose for 2 months time.

85. Hello Dr

A month ago I made the big mistake of getting a turbinate reduction surgery with septoplasty. My septum was deviated due to an injury and breathing was diminished on the left side. I believe nothing was wrong with my turbinates but the dr convinced me to get it trimmed. Now, the left side is still blocked and the right side is even more open than before which feels very uncomfortable especially when the air is cold. Can nasya oil or some ayurvedic treatment help to regenerate the turbinate tissue? I feel desperate. Please help. Thank you.

Hi, I cannot guarantee that turbinate tissue will be regenerated. But Nasya can surely improve your breathing and reduce the symptoms and discomfort. I would also encourage you to consult a Yoga expert.

86. Hello Sir,

I have symptoms like Tinnitus, Gray hairs,dehydration of Skin.

Which Oil should I use for Nasya. Anu Tel or Shadbindu Tel?

87. CAn panchendriya vardhan oil be used for nasya ?

88. “his face will become plumpy”
    So doing nasya with anu thaila actually increases fat in cheeks?

89. Hello doctor,

I am suffering from tmj. My jaw is locked due to internal derangement of articular disc without reduction. Also, there is severe pain in the jaw line. Is there a cure in Ayurveda for this problem? From your articles I gather that nasya and karna purana would be beneficial. Can I use anu taila from patanjali for nasya? Also, which oil can be used for karna purana and at what time should it be done?

Hi, Anu taila nasal drop – 2 drops to each nostril is very useful. Rather than karna Purana,
      Oil pulling with Irimedadi taila is very useful.

90. Nikita says:

Hi doctor I’m 26 years old and I’ve been diagnosed with female pattern alopecia my thyroid and all other tests are normal b12 is on the lower side o have severe hairfall and no medication is helping I also suffer from sinusitis and have constipation can you please please help me will this tech help with my hairfall and bring my hair back ?? Please suggest something I can no longer go out of the house I’m so conscious about this

Hi, Nasya can be useful to you. But it can be undergone in an Ayurveda hospital.
      For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

91. Hello sir, i am facing cronical sinusitis ! Some time I can feel bad smell in my right nostril n sometime brownish coloured mucus appears ..that’s it there is no other problem …anyway took a doc visit, and he did endoscopy n said my sinusitis holes are blocked n infected mucus dripping through other sides etc. He advised me take surgery ! But except these i don’t have any problems with it , then why should I ? After few week medicine i fell better ! But not fully … So is there in ayurveda any suggestions for me? To open those holes n etc … Like inhalation or something 😶😷😓

Hi, Ayurvedic treatment can help you.
      For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

92. Thank you so much doctor. Your inputs are really valuable.

93. Kumar Shivam says:

Hello Sir
    I am suffering from Allergic rhinitis.
    sneezing, nasal discharge, cough and eye itching in cold and rainy. Nasya is good for me.
    Which oil is good for me? Shadbindu tail or Anu Tail ?

94. Kartik says:

How much time gap should be there ideally between food and nasya. Also can the nasya be had after food and before sleep. I usually dp it in the morning after brush and in case I miss, I do it in the evening around 6pm.is this regime right?

1. Half an hour.

2. After 1 hour after food at least. In some people, it can cause vomiting.

3. It looks fine.