Goat Milk Benefits According to Ayurveda

Goat milk has many health benefits. Goats have lean built, Goats do not drink much water, do a lot of physical activities and eat grass and plants that are pungent, hot and bitter in taste. These qualities of goat gets attributed to Goat milk, according to Ayurveda. Hence goat milk has its own special importance in Ayurveda.

goat milk benefits
Goat Milk Benefits:

• Goat milk is best suited for dry and emaciated patients.
  • Goat milk improves digestion.
  • Goat milk is useful in respiratory disorders. Hence, For patients with respiratory diseases, it makes sense to chose goat milk over cow milk and buffalo milk.
  • Goat milk is beneficial in bleeding disorders.
  • For those having mild diarrhea or who defecate more than twice a day, goat milk is beneficial.
  • Goat milk is not very coolant effect over the body.
  • Goat milk improves breast milk production.
  • Among those substances that relieve emaciation, improve breast milk, blood production, absorbant (useful in IBS) and bleeding disorders, goat milk is the best. (Reference – Charaka Samhita Sutrasthana 25)

Goat milk is
Grahi – absorbant, bowel binding
Laghu – light to digest
and it is useful for persons suffering from Raktapitta (a diseases characterized by bleeding from various parts of the body), diarrhea, Kshaya – emaciation, coughing and fever.

Ayurvedic medicines with goat milk as ingredient:
Kumkumadi tailam – Used for acne, scar, blemishes.
Pinda Thailam – Used in the treatment of Gout.
Saraswata Ghrita – Used in treating children with neurological developmental disorders.
Somanatha rasa – Used to treat frequent urination.
In Gout, ointment made of ghee, the powder of Godhuma – wheat and goat’s milk is prescribed. (Charaka Sutrasthana 3rd chapter)
Research:
Ayurvedic medicines with which, goat milk is advised as co-drink / diet –
Bala Punarnavadi kashayam

The product links are affiliate. Do not follow given advice, without consulting your doctor.

Comments

1. nishali says:

hi
    i read about goats milk but still am not sure if it can be given to my 3 year old ?

For a three year old, cow milk is the preferred choice. However, goat milk can also be given. Start with small doses and increase gradually.

• Stanley says:

Goat Milk is available in Bangalore, Mangalore and Mumbai in leading supermarket and hypermarket stores.

• The highest sources of bioorganic sodium is found in goat milk.

It is the sodium that keeps the goats young, active, flexible, and limber all of their lives

The chemical structure of goat milk is very close to that of mother’s milk.

Contact Salim Dadan 7710902362

GOAT MILK PRICING:

1 LITER RS. 250 / 5 LITERS RS. 1,125 / 8 LITERS RS. 1,600

PANEER PRICING:
        250gms RS. 300 / 500gms RS. 550 / 1 Kg RS. 1,000

(ADVANCE ORDER ONLY)
        It Really works…

2. Hi,

I am developing a website where I am collecting Ayurvedic medicines. I would like to know whether I can use your website details? Pl reply.

Dear Mr Anil, Wherever you use my content, please mention my website as source with a link. That should be fine. Best of luck for your venture. 🙂

3. Dr .Tarek Hamzawy says:

please goat buffalo and cow milk can use with oil for hair or no? if can use where i can found the reference.please send to me the pages numbers urgent please

4. Genetically modified goat’s milk..why is the Best Ayurvedic Doctor mentioning this causally as if it has anything to do with Ayurveda or even sanity? NO GMO’s. Ayurveda is from Lord Dhanvantari and all the herbs and medicines of nature are His excellent gift to us. W haven’t got to start crossing genes from one creature into another to improve His work, if we are ignorant of how to deal with a disease condition according to His ways, we need more study and
    prayer.

Dear Maah Ji,
      Thanks for pointing out and sorry for mentioning it. I have removed that research article reference.
      Between, naming my facebook page as “Best Ayurveda Doctor” was another mistake, which, facebook is not allowing me to correct. I am not claiming that I am one, but surely am trying my best to become one. 🙂

5. Thank you for the information about goat’s milk.

6. chandrakant.b.undale. says:

very informative and useful for health point of view ————— thank u doctor.

7. Where can I get goat milk in up / Delhi?

8. T K Sunil says:

Where can we get goat’s milk in Chennai ?

9. Hi,
    my daughter is 3 years and has very dry skin,just like me(may be genetic).This may be mild ichthyosis condition.This condition is only in winters when the weather is dry.Is there any treatment or regular oil/cream regimen in ayurveda.
    Regards

• Dr Malini Bhat says:

Sir, application of coconut oil is advised. Since we cannot assess the type of skin or the condition would advise you to consult an Expert ayurvedic physician for the same as it involves your 3 year old kid.

10. Hello,
    Could you please let me know where can I get Goat’s Milk in Chennai? Thanks

11. AMIT KUMAR SAHOO says:

my mother is suffering cancer and advice for goat milk but raw one ,so is it advisable to go for goat milk or not. if yes then if i will go for market packet is it ok or not.

12. I try to give my kid goat milk when he has cold and cough as I want to avoid cow milk during this time. He does not like goat milk. So is it ok mix little fresh cow milk with powdered or fresh goat milk and give it to him?. I just want to disguise the taste. Are there any disadvantages of doing so?

13. Rajeev Gupta says:

Hello sir I am Rajeev Gupta from Agra (UP)
    I want to say that where is goat milk is used
    in INDIA what are benefits for this
    please give your contact no.

14. Thanks doctor for the very useful article with extensive coverage on goat milk benefits.

Which breed of indian goat has more medicinal values? We are planning to buy a goat for giving milk to my son as he gets cold and chest congestion often.
    We are planning to buy either Jamunapari or Malabari goat. Which will have more benefits?

I live in Kerala. Is there any difference in taking regional breed than others?

Hi, there is a rule in Ayurveda, be it fruits, vegetables or animals, local breeds are always better than breeds from other areas.

15. Bhuvan sharma says:

Namaste!!

Sir, Can you please tell the health benefits of ghee (clarified butter) made from goat’s milk. How it’s properties will differ from cow ghee. Will it be good for blood pressure,

Many Thanks!