With the ever-changing pattern of parenting, it is very important that certain things are known to your kids at certain ages. Sex education raised a dust of controversy in recent period of time.
Consider these sex statistics –
More than 20% of children are sexually abused before the age of 8. Evidence that a child has been sexually abused is not always obvious, and many children do not report that they have been abused.
Over 30% of victims never disclose the experience to ANYONE
30-40% of victims are abused by a family member. Read more about such staggering stats here.
1. What are genital organs and buttocks. genital organs are useful in throwing out the waste products of food out of our clean body.
2. Nobody should touch or play with the genital organs or buttocks. They are your properties, your organs. They are not toy that someone plays with it.
3. You also should not touch genital organs of other kids. Because it might be dirty and you may also get dirty. It may lead to fever, the microbes – bad germs may attack your body.
4. If somebody is touching the genital organs repeatedly, forcibly hugging or kissing you repeatedly and if you are not feeling ok with it, tell that person, whoever he is, uncle, aunt etc, that you are not liking it and they should not be doing it to you. Then immediately you should come and tell to me.
5. Suppose someone takes your clothes off, unnecessarily, then do not allow him to do that. Do not allow someone to take your naked pictures. If someone is doing such things, then immediately you tell it to me.
6. Whenever you are talking to someone, and if they are using any kind of ugly language, and if you get doubt, come and tell to me.
7. If someone is showing you, naked and ugly pictures of people, come and tell that to me immediately.
Consider these parenting tips.
Whatever your kid goes through, he or she should be encouraged to report that to you. It is your responsibility to create such an atmosphere in your home so that your kids have absolutely no problem to tell anything in the world to you.
Never scold your kid whenever he comes and tells you something nasty. Take him into confidence, console him, cajole him and explain him in simple terms, what is right and what is wrong and what should be done in future etc.
If you get a doubt that someone in your family or outside is behaving suspiciously with your kid, then do not wait till disaster. JUST ACT! Keep your kid away from that person, convey to that person that what is done is wrong. Remember, awareness and courage to act are the key to stop child sex abuse.