kanchnar guggulu Ingredients, Uses, Dose, Side Effects

kanchnar Guggulu is also known as kanchanara Guggulu / gulgulu.It is one of the very efficient Ayurvedic herbal medicine. Its reference is found in Bhaishajya ratnavali, 44th chapter.

Ingredients of Kanchnar Guggul:
Kanchanara – Bauhinia variegata L. (Bark) – 240 g
Shunti – ginger – Zingiber officinale (Rhizome) – 48 g
Maricha – black pepper – Piper nigrum (Fruit) – 48 g
Pippali – Long pepper – Piper longum Linn (Fruit) – 48 g
Haritaki – Terminalia chebula Retz (Fruit rind) – 24 g
Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellerica  (Fruit rind) – 24 g
Amalaki – Emblica officinalis (Fruit) – 24 g
Varuna – Crataeva nurvala (bark) – 12 g
Ela – cardamom – Elettaria cardamomum (Fruit) – 3 g
Twak – Cinnamomum zeylanicum – 3 g
Patra – Cinnamomum tamala – 3 g
Guggulu – Commiphora mukul (Guggulu Resin) – equal to the amount of above ingredients – 477 grams

Uses of Kanchanar Guggul:
Useful in treating goitre (nodules of neck), tumors and extra growths, useful in herbal wound healing, skin diseases, sinuses and fistula.
Doctors also prescribe Kanchanar Guggul for –
Obesity management – due to presence of Trikatu, Triphala.
cough, cold, sinusitis, Asthma treatment (due to presence of pepper, ginger, long pepper)

Traditional dose: 1 Masha – 750-1 gram
Time for intake – morning.

Traditional indications of Kanchanar Guggulu:
Galaganda – Cervical lymphadentis
Apachi – fibroid, cysts
Arbuda – tumor
Granthi – tumor, fibroid
Vrana – ulcers, wounds
Gulma – abdominal tumor, distension
Kushta – skin diseases
Bhagandhara – fistula in ano

Traditional co-drinks:
Kashaya – Decoction of Mundi – Sphaeranthus indicus
Decoction of Khadira – Gum acacia – Acacia catechu
Decoction of Abhaya – Harad – Terminalia chebula

Dosage: two tablets two to three times a day.
Dose for children below 5 years – half to 1 tablet once or twice a day after food.
Dose for children between 5 – 12 years – 1 tablet 2 – 3 times a day after food.
Dose for children between 12-18 years – 1-2 tablets 2 – 3 times a day.

How long to use?
It is usually prescribed for 1 – 4 months time, depending on the disease condition.

Kanchanara Guggulu side effects:
In people with sensitive stomach, this medicine may cause mild gastric irritation.
This is best avoided during pregnancy.
It can be taken during lactation period and in children under medical supervision.
Store in a cool dry place. Keep out of reach and sight of children.

Kanchanara Gulgulu DS is the double strength version of the same medicine. AVN Manufactures this product.

Manufacturers:
AVN, Alva Pharmacy, Swadeshi Pharmacy

The product links are affiliate. Do not follow given advice, without consulting your doctor.

Comments

1. ArchanaDhanabal says:

I want to know more about this Kanchanara guggulu formulation. Please suggest my request…

• tzvi lindeman says:

I have secondary tumors in my lungs (primary was adenoid cystic carcinoma) will Kanchnar guggulu be helpfull in shrinking these tumors?

2. Vparya says:

Does it work on enlarge liver and enlarged prostate. With regards.yous v.p.arya

• It is used by Ayurvedic practitioners in the treatment of enlarged prostate.
      But in case of enlarged liver, the pathology(disease process), infection, etc have to be confirmed before suggestions.

3. Kriskumar says:

How good is for treatment for enlargeed prostate,what is the % of reducement of the gland.
    tg

• It is used widely in the treatment of enlarged prostate. The percentage wise, it will be difficult to say. Enlarged prostate is usually seen in elders. who require to meet many parameters such as BP control, Diabetes control etc. In such a patient, to keep the enlargement under check, Kanchanara Guggulu is used. If you ask my experience, I would say, 20 % reduction in enlargement can be achieved.

4. Is it also useful for weight loss ?

5. Can it also reduce enlarged uterus?

• No. I do not think that Kanchanara Guggulu alone would be effective enough to reduce the size of uterus.
      Please consult an Ayurveda specialist. A more comprehensive treatment appears required.

6. neelam says:

if one has a small benign cyst, can it help? If so, how long does one have to take it for?

7. Will this be helpful in PCOS ?

It is widely used as part of the treatment in PCOS.

• penina says:

using it for hypothyroid will it work?

Yes, but other medicines might be required. Please consult an Ayurveda doctor for detailed analysis and treatment.

• Prosenjit Chakraborty says:

Sir, Can you please suggest, What other medicines along with Kanchnar-guggulu ??

Hi, it depends on condition of the patient, condition of disease etc. Please consult an Ayurveda doctor in person.

8. yashika says:

can it be also used for reducing heavy and long menstrual periods?

9. Marina says:

Can kanchanna gugullu reduce goiter (nodules)

Goiter nodules is one of the indications for this medicine. So yes. it helps.

10. krishna says:

Hello Dr.,
    Your replies are quite helpful. Can this be used in treatment of Lipomas and how long one should take to see any difference?
    Thanks in advance.

Theoritically, yes it is helpful. Even I have tried treatment for lipoma with this, but with only limited success.

• Santosh says:

Hello Doctor,

When you say limited success. Is there anyone who cured lipoma with this medicine? I have lot of lipomas on my body and so frustrated with this please help in curing these nasty lipomas.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I have not treated any case of lipoma successfully.

• can cows urine along with kachamnar guggul be effective in treating multiple neurofibroma which is gradually increasing.

• I also have lipoma everywhere in order not to let it spread more do not consume greasy food, butter, I am taking medohar guggulu Ayurveda medicine and I drink turmeric with milk or hot water I noticed lipoma shrink in size it does go away completely

11. How long will it take to get rid of a goitre nodule 1″ in diamater

very difficult to guess. Some other medicines along with it may be required.

• Currently I’m using kanchnara guggulu 300mg 1 tablet daily for 3 months now after breakfast. I have not seen any dramatic improvements so far. Can you advise how this is to be used for best effect and any other medicines/remedies which will assist the process. Many thanks

The dose you are taking is way too low. For best results, take 2 tablets 2 times a day 10 minutes after food. You may feel a bit of stomach burning sensation. If so, revert back.
          Another reason – may be, your Kanchanara Guggulu might not be of good quality.
          For full analysis and treatment, it will be better if you consult a doctor directly. If you wish to consult me, fill up this form here – https://easyayurveda.com/contact-details

12. anandi says:

does this treat endometrium polyps as well? if so, kindly advise dosage.

13. Sitara says:

Dear doctor, this medicine is prescribed against uterine fibroids. But at the same time it may have pro-estrogenic effect. Won’t it make things worse then, because fibroids are caused by excessive estrogen?

14. is this helpful in treating sarcoidosis, if so what dose or in any combination. i am the patient of sarcoidosis stage -1, please answer me, thank you

It might be of some help. But no proven data. Please consult an Ayurveda doctor.

15. Nithya says:

Respected Doctor, I have a question Why expecting moms should not consume Kanchanara Guggulu ?

There is no hard and fast rule like that.
      BUT, Kanchakara Guggulu is something which reduces the size of cyst, nodule etc. so, it is not nourishing in nature, hence, to be on the safer side, it is best to avoid in expecting moms.

• Gaurav says:

Is it true then that along with any Guggulu based medicine, other tonic (nourishing) medicines must also be taken (to counter the not-nourishing/detoxifying effect of Guggulu? Which of the Guggulu preparations are ‘complete’ i.e. don’t require additional nourishing herbs to be taken? Just looking for a general idea…

It is not true. Only in a very weak patient, when higher dose of guggulu is required to be used, then only it can be said that some nourishing agents like milk can be used as adjuvant. Not in all cases. This rule should also be applied very selectively. For example, in Rheumatoid arthritis case, it is best to avoid milk and go ahead with guggulu tablet alone.

16. CAN KANCHNAR GUGGULU HELPFUL IN TREATING HYDATID CYST (10CM) AND UTERUS FIBORID

Yes, to some extent. But Doctor’s consultation is required. Some more efficient treatment / medicines might also be required. kanchanara Guggulu is surely one of the medicines used in the said conditions.

• rochak says:

Hello Sir, Can Kanchnar guggulu useful in treating benign kidney cyst ?

No. Not very useful.

• rochak says:

Thanks Sir! Can you suggest any remedy for benign kidney cyst apart from Kanchnar Guggulu

Age related benign cysts ate quite common. For others, a detailed case history and consultation is required. However even with Ayurveda, it is quite difficult to treat a cyst.

17. Is kachnar effective in recurrent throat infection and tonsillitis with pus in 8 yrs child

Yes, but as a stand alone medicine, it might not help. Please consult a doctor directly. Do not take chances with your kid’s health with online advice.

18. If yes then in what dosage for 8 yrs old kid in throat infection recurrent

19. vishal says:

is Kanchnar guggul helpful to reduce nerves tumors. neurofibromitosis

20. chunmun says:

Can you please tell the ayurvedic medicines for testicular tumors??

The nature of tumor needs to be found out first. Please consult a surgeon first.

21. ramesh says:

Dear SIr i have fistula and recently i traced my diabetes , my age is 34 now i am taking homeopathy , now my lymph node at armpit swelled . since 5 months no growth that can i use kanchanar guggulu , please suggest me

Dear Ramesh, you have multiple complaints to look into. There is underlying infection to be treated. Being diabetes makes infection spread faster and it also delays the healing of fistula. I suggest you to consult your family physician immediately.

22. R.Doctor,
    I am suffering from hypothyroidism since 2010 and taking thyrinorm 25 as adviced by the doctor but my TSH level always remain 6.4, please suggest appropriate dose as well as diet take and not to take.

23. Bhaskar says:

Hello Sir,
    In my physical checkup, I found my cholesterol high – 240 now. and also that I am anemic ferritin level is below <1, so I am also taking iron supplements but can I take kanchnar guggul when I am on Iron supplements? will that interfere with the Iron supplements ?
    Thanks for your time!!

Dear Bhaskar,
      Kanchnar Guggulu will not interfere with absorption of Iron Supplement. In fact, because Kanchnar Guggulu contains Triphala, it helps in easy iron absorption.

24. mehboob says:

Dearpls. tell me dr. does it work in polycystic kidney disease.

Yes it works. But for PCOS, it has to be a combination of Ayurvedic medicine and Panchakarma treatment, rather than a single medicine. Please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly. Regards

25. vishal says:

Can it is helpful in treatment for men boobs or harmonal balance. I hav gout in my chest so it look like brest any treatment for this problem

It might not help in gynaecomastia due to hromonal imbalance. But it is useful in the treatment of gout.

• srinivas says:

what are the ayurvedic medicines available to treat gynecomastia?

Hi, it is quite difficult to treat Ayurveda. If there is hormonal imbalance that can be corrected. If the mass is small in size then some exercise and muscle strength which would enhance the bulk of chest muscles and which would help in reducing the fat might help. If you wish to consult me, please click on contact button on top of this page.

26. Kaushal says:

Hello sir,
    I am suffering from hodgkins lymphoma.
    Will kanchnar guguul be helpful ? Have heard it is useful in cleaning out lymph nodes.

It might help to some extent. But please consult an Ayurveda doctor in person for a detailed checkup and advice.

27. Hello,

I am fighting with an anal fistula and I am taking kanchnar guggulu since like 6 weeks now. I also have quite some big muscle nods and very stiff muscles in general. My question is. For how long does it make sense to take kanchnar guggulu because I feel a positive effect on my issues but its not at the point where I can say that the fistula or the muscle nods are gone. Does it make sense to improve the dose (I am taking 2 tabs 2 times a day)? Are there negative effects from taking too much, like problems with absorption of food? Or should I just stop taking it when i feel that my issues are gone (my sinus is almost completely healed)

Thank you very much, its an awesome product

Hi, you are already on moderate to high dose of Kanchanara Guggulu. I would continue the same dose for another month and then would have reduced it to 3 tabs per day for next 6 weeks. There are no big side effects with this, other than gastric complaints. But I’d best to avoid during pregnancy. The muscle nodes might not go away completely with this.

28. Why we are not suppose to use it during Pregnancy? is it ok to use till the time pregnancy is confirmed?

It can be taken till the pregnancy is confirmed. But once after confirmation, it is better to avoid taking it further. It is used in reducing the size of cyst etc. hence there is an assumption that it may not be ideal for the fetus health.

29. I have glands (lypoma) all over my body..specially on my hands and chest. will kanchnar guggulu help me get rid of lypoma? what is the recommended dose?

Recommended dose is 1 – 2 tablets 2 – 3 times a day.
      However, its efficacy in lipoma management is not very well established.

30. Silambarasan says:

I have N number of small small “Warts” in my face. 1 Ayurveda doctor in Trivandrum prescribed me this Kanchanara Gulgulu Gulika 2-0-2 for 15 days. is it right prescribtion for warts? or Is there any Ayurvedic medicine?

Kanchanara guggulu is one of the medicines used in wart treatment. Please follow your Ayurveda doctor’s advice.

31. Hi Dr.
    May I know how long I should take Kanchnar Gugglu to reduce Hyperthyroidism? How many tablets should I consume in a day to help me reduce my hyperthyroid levels? What other herbal medicines should i take alongside Kanchanar Gugglu to reduce very high Thyroid? Are there any side effects of this herb? What are the chances of Kanchnar Guggulu in treating hyperthroidism? Do you know of any cases where this herb did not work to reduce hyperthyroidism?Thank you.

Kanchanara Guggulu might not be sufficient as a standalone medicine for hyperthyroidism. Please consult an Ayurveda doctor in person.

• Can you use it for hypothyroidism? And do you need to consult doctor before using Ayurvedic medicine?

Hi, This is one of the medicines used in treating Hypothyroidism. But it is not a standalone medicine to treat it. Hence, a doctor’s advice is required.

32. Dragoslav says:

Dr Hebbar, what anupans would you think best with Kanchanar Guggulu Churna and Maha Sudarshan Churna guiding to thyroid?

33. jinitkumar says:

can this drug reduce the cyst in breast?

34. shivakumar says:

sir this is shivakumar how many days has to take kanchanar guggul for hypothyrodism plz ans

Hi, it depends on your doctor’s prescription. I suggest you to consult an Ayurveda doctor for methodical treatment.

35. is there a recomened dosage available for children?

General dose for children of 5 – 8 years – one or two tablets a day, usually after food.
      Dose for 9 years and above – 2 tablets per day.

36. is it useful in pcod n obesity..i have pcod since last 16 yrs n my weight 94 kgs..i m 28yrs,unmarried and have irregular periods…even after taking medicines (Diane) i get period for just 1 day

Hi, rather than betting on this medicine alone, I suggest you to consult an Ayurveda doctor in person for a clear treatment.

37. Does Kanchanar guggul produce heat in the body. If yes, then is it good to be consumed during summer? Should one consume something cooling like sabja seeds too during summer?

38. ashish kumar says:

Hi doctor, i am 30 yr old male suffering from acute prostatitis. Does it help in this particular condition ??

yes, it might help, but only to a small extent. Please consult a doctor in person.

39. kishor says:

Can kanchanar gugul help to cure brtholin cyst.ma mother is suffering from reccurance of bartholin cyst.its very painfull.please suggest doctor.

Hi, it may be useful. But cannot expect it to cure the cyst as a stand-alone medicine.

40. N R Abeyasinghe says:

Hi,
    Is there a guggulu named KANCHANADI GUGGULU. It is available in Sri Lanka.
    NR

Hi, it is Kanchanara guggulu. Should be easily available in any Ayurvedic store in Sri Lanka. If not, please contact Mr Veeresh – info@eayur.com He can supply.

41. Mr. mashenene says:

Hi, i need your products, i mean your medicine and i am here at Tanzania, how can i get it?
    please help me

42. slankapa says:

does it work for those with hidradenitis?

43. Medicine for cough release from lungs.

There are lot of options like Agasthya rasayanam, Vasavaleha etc. Please consult an Ayurveda doctor.

44. RAMACHANDRAN says:

Can it be used for treating varicocele ?

45. satish says:

is vyoshadi gulgulu gulika is reduce lipomo??
    pls help me

46. ambika says:

hello sir i am form Nepal i am suffering form diabetes and enlargement gland i take kanchner gugguu since 70 day now result 85% reduction gland and also normal my diabetes levels thanks Dr

47. urvashi says:

Can kanchar guggulu help to reduce tumuor of retromolar trigone(oral cancer) in last stage????

• urvashi says:

what is the benefit of Kachnar gugglu in respect of oral cancer? I am aware of a patient of oral cancer using this herb as medicine & its effective in his case. Is it related to stages of cancer?

At the best it may help in reducing the cancer growth. This theory is based on its usage in cysts and fibroids. But there is no research data to back it’s usage in cancer.

• Hi

My ayurvedic dr has suggested kachnar guggul along with other medicines for hypothyroidism and infertility.
            I am a female of 30 yrs.
            He has said for maximum effect, chew 2 tablets twice daily after food. I wanted to know whether it is important to chew or can I swallow it with water?
            I chewed it once but I didn’t like the taste at all.

Hi, you can swallow it. There is no special benefit by chewing this tablet.

48. edith mwanje says:

i have fibroids in my uterus i started taking kanchnar guggul two months sometimes i feel like its helping and times my tummy is bloated is there reasons for feeling like that? how shall i keep taking them for.

It happens because it contains Trikatu – which are spices. Take it soon after meals. This will reduce their effect on the stomach, hence the bloating will be reduced.

49. Yogesh Mangal says:

Is surgery only alternative for enlarged prostate for people who are on allopathic medication or ayurved can still benefit

Ayurvedic medicines reduce the size of the prostate to some extent. But if the gland has increased in size to a big extent, surgery is the best option.

50. diwakar says:

will this help in reducing Piles? I was given ArshKalph and Kanchanar Guggulu together. By reading all the posts, I don’t think Kanchanar Guggulu has any connection with Piles treatment. Please advise. I would better stop a medicine which is not required.

It is not directly indicated in piles treatment. By it would help in improving digestion and to some extent shrinking of piles mass

51. harleen says:

Hi, I have hypothyroid problem and am taking eltroxin 50 mg daily and 100 mg on saturday. I had BP too but have managed to get off allopathic thanks to Carditone. 🙂 I am now looking to do away with eltroxin and rectify my thyroid problem through ayurveda. Will kachnar guggul help?

Please consult an Ayurveda doctor in person. That is the first and best option. If you wish to get my advice, please write here – easyayurveda.com/contact-details

52. dear sir, is it helpfull for tonsils treatment

53. sir Namskar mae katmandu se hu .mera age 31 years old Hae.mereko diabites 2 years se hae.mero ko kanchanar gulgulu(250mg) 2time 2 month khaya. .keuki mero ko gland proplm tha.ustime diabites normal huwatha.avi mereko only diabites hae.kaya mae kanchanar gulugulu continue kar sakta hu plz helpsir

Agar Kanchanara guggulu aapko kisi Ayurvedic doctor ne prescribe kiya hai, to aap isse continue kar sakte hai.

54. sir
    namaskar mae ktamandu se hu.mereko diabetes 2 years se hae.kanchanar guggulu khane se(2 tablet 2 time after food)diabetes normal hota hae.kaya yasko mae continue kar sakta hu plz life time.plz sir help me

Kanchanara guggulu ko direct diabetes me istemaal nahi karte hai. Diabetes ke liye is se bhi accha Ayurvedic medicines medicines hai. Krupaya aap apni Ayurvedic doctor ki salah le.

55. Zakir Hussain says:

Dear Sir,

i am using this tablet 3 per day after food (as per Dr. Its reduce Colustoral ) can i continew

please suggest

Yes, you can continue.

• i have seen that for swine flu we can use guggul with havansamagri for havan. but i m pregnant. I saw in jiva site that guggul should avoid by pregnant women. i dont have swine flu but for prevention only i want to do this. is any other alternative is available for me.

Hi, you can make a mix of a pinch of each of turmeric powder, black pepper and cinnamon along with a teaspoon of honey, in the morning.

56. Sunil Kumarshukla says:

Hi Sir

Can u plz suggest me that how many days I will have to take it for reduce my glad which has been enlarged arount 30%.

Hi, it is best to consult a doctor for full advice. Usually it is prescribed for up to 3 – 4 months time. Dose is decreased gradually.

57. Dr.rakesh says:

hello sir, Is it helpful in the both condition of hypo/hyperthyroidism?

Yes, but in combination with other medicines such as ksheerabala capsule, Dhatri Lauha etc.

58. Ajay A A says:

i am going to start using Kanchanara guggulu and navaka guggulu for lipoma and to reduce weight. Lets see how this medicine helps me.

59. Sir is it useful to cure Hernia?

Regards.

60. namarkar doctor will kanchnar has any anti cancer properties ?
    any ayurvedic medicines helps to prevent or treat cancer?
    for the one who maintaining good life style

61. Naresh Komti says:

Kanchnar gugul & kirattiktadi yoga may cause for joint pain?

62. manjesh says:

Hi Doctor,

there was a small Corn\Cyst growing on my hand thumb, I had to tried to cut it multiple times, but would grow back again, I used Kanchanar Gugul from Divya pharmacy ( 2 tabs 3times/day) and this automatically started to reduce the cyst and started to peel out and slowly reduced in size in a weeks time and within next two weeks, my skin was so clean that I couldn’t locate the exact spot where it was.

63. Marina says:

Can Kanchnar Guggul provoke a hormon disbalance? Doctor prescribed it for fibroids but since I start taking medication (2 tablets twice a day), I have no periods and no libido. Before I used to have a very regales periods and high libido.

It can. Consult your doctor again with these symptoms. He may reduce the dose and add something like Shatavari.

64. Sir It is useful for lipomas treatment?

65. Sir,
    For PCOS, what dose should I take and for how long.

66. anushri says:

Can I take this medicine along with ashwagandha powder? I am a hypothyroid, TSH level 16.I read that ashwagandha helps to lower the TSH level. I do not have goiter and kanchnar guggul is esp. for goiter. Is there any side effect if I consume this medicine with ashwagandha? I face no other symptom of hypothyroidism, I am active, do not feel sleepy all the time, no weight gain, (it is reducing instead).

67. Hello sir! I’m 21 year old girl. Is it safe to take triphala guggul and kanchanar guggul together?
    Regards

• Dr Malini Bhat says:

Hello Madam, Would like to know for which symptom you are taking the above mentioned drugs.

• Hello m’am!
        I’ve been taking triphala guggul, aarogyavardhini vati and chandraprabha vati for a month. I’m taking them for weight loss and irregular periods. My periods are regular now and I’ve lost 3 kgs of weight. My mom suggested me to take kanchanar guggul to lose weight faster since she has dramatically lost weight with it. So, I just wanted to make sure whether it is safe to take these meds together.
        I’ll be so grateful if you’ll answer.
        Regards.

• Dr Malini Bhat says:

Hello madam, Hope you are under medical supervision while taking the medicines you have mentioned above. kanchnar Guggulu is Useful in treating goitre (nodules of neck), tumors and extra growths and not for weight loss exactly.

Note: As we all are genetically different with different constitutions and patterns, we respond to treatments in many different ways. Hence Standard Ayurvedic Treatments are always individually formulated. For specific treatment, always consult with a qualified Ayurvedic physician.

68. Hope kanchnar guggulu is helpful in treating retina disease
    Macular degeneration

69. Can this be used for inner ear infection that has puss formation in a 11 year old.

Yes, but please consult a doctor directly. The ear infection can cause complications. If there is puss, minor surgical procedure to drain it out makes more sense.

70. Amal Jain says:

Hello Dr Hebbar! There are skin tags developing and growing around my neck. Kindly suggest whether Kanchanara Guggulu is the right medicine to get rid of the skin tags. What should be the dosage in milligrams? Gratitude and thanks.

Hi, there is no guarantee that Kanchanara guggulu alone would cure skin tags. Please consult an Ayurveda doctor.

71. B.P.Uniyal says:

Hello sir . my wife has a cyst in vagina. Can this cyst dislove by using kachnaar guugle. Pls tell me. Doctor also prescribed ovarian and likorin tablet.

If the size of the cyst is very small, below 1 cm, then there are good chances of healing.

72. Hello Dr.
    I’m having multiple lipoma on my hands,chest and backside around 20no’s with size of 5 to 8mm.. Dr suggested me to use triphala guggulu and kanchanar guggulu together one hr before taking food morning and evening 2tabs with water or milk each time.. this combination is useful for reduce lipoma or any other suggestions…
    Thanks in advance

73. Hi Doctor,

My mother is having multiple soft tissue nodules on her peritoneal ,retroperitoneal, adrenal bed ,perihepatic and perspleenic region….Her case is recurrance of adrenocortical carcinoma with cushings syndrome.The nodules are of 2-3 cm in size

She is taking Kachnaar Guggul (3 tabs TID) and Carsona for last 2 months .
    Its Divya Kachnaar Guggul

How long does it take to shrink the nodules tentatively. She is also taking Wheat grass-Giloy-amla-juice morning and evening with ashwagandha.

Can you please advice?

Hi, I cannot promise that Kanchanara guggulu would be helpful in the said case.

• Dear Doctor,
        Shall we stop taking it or shall we continue for sometime.
        Does Carsona herbomineral composition help.

What is best administered in such case for slowing down the progression.
        Awaiting your valuable suggestion

Dear sir, you may please continue with kanchanara guggulu tablet.
          Because your mother has cancer, it is hard for me to treat.
          For further advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.
          For email advice, please write to our health experts here (paid service) – https://easyayurveda.com/consult/

74. Poonam says:

Hi Doctor,
    I have been prescribed this for ovarian cysts, i have been taking this for a month 2 tablets per day. I long can I take this medicine. will it have any side effects if i plan to concieve.

Hi, it can be taken for longer duration of time (4 – 6 months time, with gradual decrease in dose).
      You can plan for conception while taking this. But once after conception is confirmed, it is best to stop this medicine.

75. Is this helpful for prolactin

76. Face swelling due to Hypothyrodism , Is KANCHNARA helpful in reducing ? PLZ advice

77. Mujahid Ali Baghban says:

Hello sir.Which mmedicine use in peyronie’s disease ..

Regular application of ksheerabala taila or balaswagandhadi taila or Sri Gopal taila might be useful. Please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

78. Doctor,
    My tsh is 8.50 (T3 and T4 normal, no goitre) and ayurveda prescribed only kanchanar guggulu (Sri Sri Ayurveda -500 mg tablet) two after breakfast and two after dinner. When I take K guggulu at night, I am having sensation due to spices in it. I am taking one hour after dinner and after having tablet will goto bed in 20 minutes.
    Please confirm if ONLY K guggulu can help in maintain TSh and will it come to normal range in two months with diet/exercise?

Hi, Usually other medicines are also required along with kanchanara guggulu. Please take this for 2 months and again do a thyroid hormone test. Then further measures can be decided.

79. SK Mishra says:

Hello Sir,
    Whenever I am taking any guggule combination tablets it causes more heat in body and feels heat sensation in sole of feet. How to overcome or reduce heat effects of guggule. I am taking for prostatitis.

Take Amalaki churna (Amla powder) or Amla capsule along with guggulu, or drink a cup of tender coconut water along with it.

80. Anil gangwar says:

Sir it is helpful in non healing mouth ulcer ?

81. Ramesh Malladi says:

I have fat lumps under my skin.I have consulted a ayurved doctor and she has prescribed Kanchanar Guggulu, will they be reduced?

82. Vineet malik says:

Kya ye umbilical hernia m useful h

83. Chinni says:

Hello dr, I have hypothyroidism. My Dr prescribed k gugullu for it. In empty stomach I am taking thyronorm 25 mcg after 20 min I am taking k gugullu 2 tablet. Whether It’s better to have in the empty stomach or after breakfast. Please suggest.

84. Chinni says:

Thank-you so much Dr

85. Hello Sir,

i have a fibrorids 4*4 in my utrus.
    please suggest can i use Kachnar gugulu tab and gaurkhamundi liquid to resolve this.
    is it 100% usefull in this problem . as of now i have heavy periods.
    if yes then please suggest about dose and till when i use these.

or if you have any other best medicine for this problem please suggest asap.

thanks in advance.

86. Thaslim says:

Gd eve sir,….Is it helpful for prolactinoma (hyperprolactinaemia )

87. I have fistula last 7 years

Pls suggest what medicine i use
    Currently i use abhayarishta, kanchnar guggul,saptvinshati guggul, kaishore guggul, arogyavardhini bati

88. sanjeev says:

Sir my mother is suffering from gland in pineal region (brain) or say that it is time . Can kachnaar guggle is helpful in that situation.

89. Hello doctor,

I am suffering from pcod.Unable to get pregnant.On consulting ayurveda doctor i was advised to have varnadhi kashayam, kanchanar guggulu,sapthasaram kashayam & rajapravarthini tablets.I took the medicines for 2 months.Still continuing.I got my period once.How long does this take to show results.Will this cure pcod permanently?

It is the right set of medicines for you. Please go ahead with it. It increases chances of pregnancy. A cure of PCOD cannot be guanrateed. Please follow your doctor’s advice.

90. I have 4 uterine fibroids and have been thinking of taking Kanchnar guggul. Can you please advise whats the best dosage, timing and duration of medicine? Should these be taken before or after meals? I have bought a bottle of Divya Pharmacy but no grams are written on the bottle so please tell me how many tablets should I consume each day and when? Thanks

Usual dose is 2 tablets 2 times a day after food for 2 months time then reduced to 1 tablet 2 times a day after food for another 2 months.

91. Laxman says:

Sir I am suffering from urethra stricture. Is this medicine is best to remove stricture permanently.

92. A.madani says:

Sir ,
    Is kanchanara guggulu can reduce or cure hypothyroidism. Please advise

It is used in the treatment of hypothyroidism. It stimulates thyroid gland and also helps control weight gain.

93. Kiruthika says:

my doctor suggest me to take because i am having pcod ..now am pregnant can i continue this

94. Kiruthika says:

My doctor suggest me to take because I have pcod weight gain now am pregnant can I continue this or not

95. Hi… I have multi lipomas all over body. Can kanchnar guggul help or plz advice… Thanks

96. Hi sir,I am suffering with bartholin cyst..I am taking kachanar guggulu 2 tablets twice a day.Also 2shatavari tablets and Femigard scyrup.I have been suffering with cyst for almost an year now and using ayurveda for 2months now and I see improvement but not sygnificant.Is this enough to totally get rid of this problem?

The choice of medicines look apt. Please continue consulting your Ayurveda doctor

97. Jennifer says:

Hi,can guggul help in unblocking falopian tubes?

98. Bimala says:

Hello doc… i want your advice please…. my daughter recently had an operation of ear… will kanchnar guggulu is really benificial to her…. what do you think sir…. waiting for ur response

99. Hello doc… I wondeer if u could help me…. I recently had an operation of ear which was not completely successed …….. would kanchnar guggulu be really benificial 4 me??????? Whats ur opinion sir…… waiting 4 ur respond…..

Hi, it depends on your disease condition.
      For further personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.
      If you want my help in finding a good Ayurveda doctor for you, then let me know your place.

For email advice (not a reliable option, we do not promise any cure), please write to our health experts here (paid service) – https://easyayurveda.com/consult/

100. Hi Dr my mother have pituitary gland tumor microadeoma can she use this product. It shrink tumor? Kanchnar guggule

101. Adesh Anand says:

Hello Dr.,

Sir, is this useful in lipoma? If it is, please suggest doses and if any supplement medicine needed.

Hi, I have not treated any case of lipoma successfully.
      It is useful in Lipoma, theoretically.

102. YOGESH says:

Is it useful for hyperparathyroidism?

103. Ashok Kumar Chauhan says:

Dear sir my wife diagnose with Fibroadenoma (16x13mm) upon Brest ultrasound and is slightly painful. Allopathic doctor recommend surgical removal.

My friend suggest s to use kachnar guggul, is it useful or any other ayurveduc medicine is best for the said condition

104. Hi Dr I have PCOS I am taking kanchana Guggal,chandraphraba Vati,Mahatwiktham Kwatham…how long should I take to get effect…I am having difficulty getting pregnant.

usually it is advised for a period of 2 – 3 months time. Do follow up consultations with your Ayurvedic doctor.

105. Prayinggod. says:

Hi,
    saw an ayurvedic doctor given Kanchar gugullu and virdhivadhika vati for treating thyroid nodule with possible micro papillary. Is any institute studying or recording the success of the Ayurveda. Have you seen any success in treating the papillary conditions.

106. hi my tyroid test fuctions are normal but i have a swollen colloid goitre my doctor prescribed kanchana guggal for six months ,will it help in reducing the size my condition is neither hyper or hypothyroidism

107. Bijay Sarraf says:

Dear sir, does it help for wrist pain treatment,,??

• Bijay Sarraf says:

does it stops height growth? or any side effects if there is ??

No it does not stop height growth.
          It can cause stomach irritation in some.

• Bijay Sarraf says:

i am suffering from wrist pain from more than 1 month but still not cure,, it was due to overweight carrying which went wrong and bent,, so can u please mention the treatment,,

Apply Maha Narayana taila to the painful area, 10 minutes before bath everyday. Available in amazon website here – http://amzn.to/2ctT8aA
              Apply Vatari liniment – 2 – 3 times a day to the painful area. Available in amazon website here –

For further personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

108. Does this medicine cures hernia.if yes how much tablet to take per day?

109. Hello sir
    I have fat clot problem and I’m taking vriddhivadhika andkanchnar guggul is that good and my age is 26
    Thank you n waiting for your comment 😊

110. srinivas rayabarapu says:

Hi Doctor,
    My wife is suffering from chrons disease, can we use these tablets, she is anemic and low in TSH hormone too, she is on steroids now, can we take along with allopathic medicines.

111. Manish Kumar says:

Dear doctor,
    Is kachnar guggul beneficial in myositis. I’m a quadriplegic with heavy myositis in both legs/hip joints. Or please suggest me some other medicine.
    Regards,
    Manish

Yes, it is useful to some extent.
      For further personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

112. Dadasaheb says:

Hi Dr.
    I have vocal chord Polyp on left chord can this medicine help for it.

113. Is there any medicine for treating the Lipoma’s.

114. Priyanka says:

Sir meri mother ko thyroid gland me gathan hai. Phle left me thi ab right me b mahsus hone lagi hai. Gala mota and hard lagne laga hai. Kya kachnar gugglu Ki goli se fayada hoga

2 tablets 2 times a day 6 weeks tak lekar try kar sakte hai. Thoda bhi kam nahi hua to surgery karvana padega.

115. Cinjini says:

Dear Sir, is it helpful in non operable intrahepatic choangiocarcinoma?

116. Sir..Is this medicine have any effect on keloids in female. Can medicine cure keloids of any type…Please sir reply kariyega plzzz

117. Ram vemuri says:

Sir,it is useful for fistula.

118. Sir, how it can be used in Hyperthyroidism? what are the other medicine alongwith Kanchnar Guggle for hyperthyroidism?

Usual dose of Kanchanara guggulu is 2 tablets 2 times a day after food for 2 months time.

For further personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

119. Hi,
    Will this help with a soft movable swollen lymph node in left armpit?

120. Ashutosh Narayan says:

Doctor, will the use of kanchnar Guggul harmful in hyperthyroid?

121. Hi doctor. I’ve been having varanadi kashayam, kanchanara guggulu, sapthasaradhi kashayam, rajapravartini. From 4 months for pcod.. Periods are regular all the 4 months but will last for almost 10-14 days. Last few days are full of clots.. We r trying to convince.. Won’t tis prolonged period overlap with the ovulation dates?? How long does it take for cure

Stop Raja pravartini vati soon after periods start. Continue it only after 3 weeks time, till next periods start.

122. supriya says:

Dear Doc,
    I have endometriosis and painful menstruation. Can kanchnar guggul help in reducing the size of edenomyoma?

123. which medicine is useful in fibroadenoama

124. Amar Pawar says:

Can it be useful for vanishing Lymp nodes?? and how much is dosage since i am diabetic person

Yes but result cannot be guaranteed. Regular dose is 1 tablet 2-3 times a day after food

• Amar Pawar says:

Dr Hebbar,

why result cannot be guaranteed any specific reason? I have already started this 3 days back, 2 tabs in afternoon after lunch and 02 after dinner and believe me my lymp nodes near neck and behind ear has started vanishing even going forward how much time should i continue this course any idea

125. Chirag mody says:

I was poisoned in September 2014 and as it was slow poison started its effect after year i became irriteted and then slowly i was craving for energy by 206 February so i tryied various dr and then by now i have got burning in my stomach and my deodnum and i feel that that bodypart doesn’t belongs to my body what should i do

For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

For email advice (not a reliable option, we do not promise any cure), please write to our health expert Dr Raghuram BAMS MD (Ayu), here (paid service) –

126. sanjeev says:

i have small painless cyst on my hydrocele,can kachnar gugul reduce this cyst??

127. Adesh Anand says:

Dear sir,
    I’ve multiple lipoma; which medicines you suggest and for how any days.

128. Vibha Shrawan Bansal says:

Hi Doctor

I have a swelling in the right lobe of the neck. when consulted to ENT surgeon he asked for blood test (T3,T4,TSH). Thyroid is normal.

I have been taking kanchanar guggul ayurvedic medicine from 3 mths and it has grown by 0.5 cm in 3 mths. Doctor said do not worry we will see after year if it grows more. What should i do ?

At present size is 2.4 cm x 1.4 cm echogenic nodule thyroid goiter. Earlier size was 1.7 cm x 1.4 cm x 1.2 cm

I am female aged 42 years old.

Pls advise.
    Thank you.

Hi, if T3, T4 and TSH are normal, then for now, you can continue just with Kanchanara guggulu.
      If it grows in size further, then surgery seems the logical option.

129. Hi There, I have thyroid multiple nodules for several years.costitution: vata-pita , with lots of vata imbalance. After a consultation with an Ayurvedic doctor a week ago I have started to take kanchnaar guggul( 2 tablets twice a day) and shatavari ( 1 tablet twice a day). Since I have skin rashes on my chest and lots of spots appeared on my face. Is this a cleansing side effect? What does it mean? Should I stop taking them ? I would really appreciate your advice on this. I really wanna get rid of the thyroid nodules but it seems those herbs are messing up my hormone levels?

Many thanks for your input.

Anna

Hi, it appears that Kanchanara guggulu is causing skin reaction. Please stop it and consult your doctor again.

130. Prigansha says:

How is it beneficial for hypothyroidism?

I am see swelling in my neck also

It helps to reduce the swelling and stimualates thyroid gland. It is usually prescribed with other medicines such as Ksheerabala taila.

131. Dr Megha says:

Helpful information, sir
    My Ward, age 13 ,shows breast size like girls
    Can I start kanchanar guggule,plz guide

Usually it goes away with puberty. This, in a dose of 1 tablet 2 times a day for 2 -3 months can be useful, along with chest exercises

132. Ram vemuri says:

Sir,it is useful for fistula?

133. Jagjeet Kaur says:

Hi Doctor, I just bought kanchnar guggul for piles problem. I am already taking himalaya evecare tablets for cyst prpblem. Can I take these both medicines at the same time?

Yes you can.

• Jagjeet Kaur says:

Hello doctor, i have been taking kanchnar guggul tablet one a day at bed time for piles problem. I have noticed few side effects
        Lot of hair fall and severe headache during these days.
        What would you suggest me to get rid of these problems.
        My major concern is hair fall

Trichup hair oil – Apply this, 30 minutes before hair wash, at least 3 times a week. You can also apply this oil at night. Available in amazon website here – http://amzn.to/2nmq3Gd

Use this herbal hair wash powder, in place of shampoo. Available in amazon website here –

134. thasneem fathima says:

Hello sorry. . I have been taking kanchanara guggulu tablet daily once for endometriosis along with endosis tablet how far will I have to continue this… I planning to concieve

135. Sir m suffering from thyroid problem since one year..m not taking any treatment but my weight is increasing day by day can I take kanchnar guggul??and suppose if I have started taking it I would have to continue it life long??

Yes, but you need tratment for thyroid problem separately. Kanchanara guggulu can be taken for 2- 3 months time.

136. K Vijaya Lakxmi says:

My daughter 18 years old. Recently diagnosed with rathkes cleft cyst 11X10X8.2mm. Will kanchanar guggule be helpful? Kindly suggest.

It can help. But a cure with it (or any Ayurvedic medicine) cannot be guaranteed.

137. Akanksha says:

Is Kanchnar Guggul effective in treating movable painless small lump on jaw line since 2 years??Iam taking 2 tablets of kanchnar guggul 3 times a day but I had weight loss in 2 weeks and i feel tired and weak..Is it effective on lump??

Lump size reduction with Kanchanara guggulu cannot be guaranteed. It works in some, not in others.

138. Hello, can Kanchnar Guggul cure fibroadenomas??

Yes. But result varies from person to person

• Hello Doctor,

I have hypothyroidism since 2010. I was on thyronorm for 4 years, but due to side effects, I started looking for ayurvedic medicines. It is then I came to know about Kanchnar Guggul. After researching online, I thought to give it a try. I stopped thyronorm in May 2015, and started with 2 tabs of Kanchnar Guggul and 2 tabs of Medohar vati twice a day. Within three months, my TSH reduced from 16 to 7.04. However, there was no significant change in weight, +/- 4kgs, but never able to drop below 80 kgs inspite of doing pranayama, cycling, walking. But, I was very energetic and happy. No mood swings, no irregular periods, no muscle/bone or back pain.

Since I could not have these tablets for more than 4 months, I had to take a break from them.Like, I stopped these last November. However, my TSH level increased again to 13 in March. I was suffering from lack of sleep and anxiety. The doctor forced me to start thyronorm because he said that there is no cure for this disorder in ayurveda or homeopathy. But, this allopathic medicine is no good as the side effects have started again and troubling me.

Is there a permanent cure for this disorder in ayurveda?Can I have KG tabs and Medohar vati tabs along with thyronorm? If yes, then please tell me the dosage ?

Thanks.

Hi, in your case, You can have KG and Medohar vati tablets along with thyronorm.
          1 tablet each – 2 times a day after food.
          As and when the TSH falls back to normalcy, you can slowly reduce the dosage.

For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

139. can Kanchnar Guggul helps in liver cancer patients who have multiple tumors in liver

140. then which medicines can help to reduce tumors

141. gurminder says:

hello dr
    i am suffring from multiple nodules on my right side thyroid glad .there are 6 nodules.some of them are small but the most big is 7mm.did kanchnar guggal helps to shrink the size of nodules?and how long i can take this ?

142. Manasa says:

Hi sir I got thyroid in my pregnancy and after delivery I checked once again after 6 weeks it’s normal and now I observed irregular periods and I checked once again TSH test and it shows 9 can I use kanchnar guggul and what is the permanent solution to cure thyroid I am in dilemma wether to use home or what

Hi,
      Kanchanara guggulu – 2 tablets 2 times a day after food for 2 months can be useful.
      Available in amazon website here

143. Manasa says:

Can I use ashwagandha n kanchnar guggul at a time and what is the dosage n how to use

Yes you can. 1 tablet each, 2 times a day after food. But please consult an Ayurveda doctor.

144. Ashwini says:

Hello…I’m taking kanchanr guggalu for hypothyroid (TSH 6.5) . Should any other medicine be taken along with it? When is the best time to take it and what dosage?
    Also, how to use Ashwagandha? (powder or tablet?) and what dosage?

Ashwagandha tablet – 1 at night after food along with Kanchanara guggulu can be useful. Available in amazon website here
      For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

145. Sir I have cyst in my liver..I am using kanchnar guggulu and kaishore guggulu alongwith live 52..How long I should take these medicine and what is side effects

146. Can I use kanchnar guggulu along with tablet metformin at a time

Yes, but better to maintain a small gap of 5 minutes between the two. Metformin first.

147. I have a lump in breast which pains sometimes. Will it be helpful?

Better to undergo a scan to know the nature of the lump. Please consult a doctor directly.

148. deepesh deshmukh says:

Hello Dr.
    Is it beneficial on Inguinal hernia?

149. Bhimrao P Natwade says:

सर kanchanar guggul जो इनसान के बदन पर जो गाठे बनी होती है क्या इसे कम कर सक्तता है

और वजन भी कम होता है क्या कृपया बताये सर

Vajan Kam ho sakta hai.
      Ghaante bhi kam ho sakte hai lekin guarantee nahi de sakte.

150. Sir may I use it for weight loss?

151. Nirmala says:

Here in nepal ayurvedic Dr said kanchanar guggul has no side effect in pregnancy so I took it bt I knew it is prohibited feeling so sad

Hi, first of all, do not panic. This medicine is not very harmful to the fetus. Please stop taking Kanchanara guggulu.

152. ADITI Sengupta says:

i have a cyst of size 9.6cm*8cm in my ovary.can thisbe reated with kanchnar guggul?

Hi, sorry that cyst is too large and I cannot promise that Kanchnar guggulu would dissolve it.

153. Dr. I have hyperthyroidism. .had Kanchanar gugulu for 2 months. Can I have Carbimazole 10mg tables same time.

154. Sharma says:

I have hyperthyroidism. taking Kanchanar gugulu. Is it ok of taking Carbimazole too

155. Chethan says:

Sir, can i use this medicine for bleeding piles? If yes ..pls dosage

Pirrhoids tablet – 1 tablet 2 times a day after food for 1 month can be useful. Available in amazon website here

156. rk manandhar says:

is it good for haemorrides treatment

157. Akshay deep Nariyal says:

Sir
    Can it be useful for capillary hemengiomna of eyelid

158. M.ASWATHI says:

sir,can i use it for pimples

159. Bhavana says:

Hi can I take kanchanar guggulu while planning for baby …my tsh is 6.44

160. Vaishali says:

Hi sir I have very small cysts in my ovary. Can u tell me dosage and I am 20 yrs old. I have gone to so many doctors (ayurvedic,homeopathic,allopathic) but this problem is not gone. Please suggest me what should I do.

161. Hi Doctor, kanchanar guggulu is causing me heat in my body and mouth ulcer due to the heat. I don’t have access to coconut water here. Can I take triphala or lemon water to help to cool down my body? Please advise what else I can do. Thanks.

You can simply drink milk or sugar can juice.
      Amla with lemon water is also fine.

162. Prajith.k says:

Sir I have suffer from BPH..lam 35 yrs old…severe back pain..pls give me good suggestion

For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

163. Hi sir pls tell me the dosage of Kanchanar Guggulu..can I take triphala with Kanchanar??
    Is it safe..
    Thanks in advance

Regular dose of Kanchanara guggulu is – 1 tablet 2 times a day after food. Can be continued for 1 mont time.
      It can be taken along with Triphala.

164. suchithra says:

Can i take kanchnar guggulu with stri rasayanavati & medhoharvati for 1 year for pcod problem. Each 2-2 tabelets twice a day. Please saggest me.