As per Ayurveda, voice is controlled by Vata Dosha. For a good singing voice, you require regular practice and diet control. Along with that, these natural tips might help you improve your singing voice.
1. Ghee – Take half a teaspoon of ghee, everyday morning, before food. You need to drink a small cup of hot water after taking ghee.
Avoid this in cloudy days, when you have cold, cough, fever or indigestion.
2. Chew a small piece of Yashtimadhu - Licorice is known to improve voice. Chewing a small piece of licorice, for a minute or two, helps improve voice.
3. Hot water drinking – helps to clear phlegm from the lungs and clears throat.
4. Use of Amla in diet. Read more – how to eat amla.
5. Herbs like Gotu Kola, Manjishta also improve voice. Weekly once, you can make a chutney with Gotu Kola, to improve voice quality.
Cinnamon is another herb which clears throat of secretions and sputum. Regular use in culinary improves your voice.
6. Ayurvedic medicines -
- Srikara Amodini Pills – helps to clear the throat and brings in smoothness.
- Vyoshadi Vatakam, Ksheerabala 101 Thailam, Bharngi Guda – helps to relieve Kapha Dosha and balance Vata, leading to good voice.
- Chewing a small piece of nutmeg fruit helps to clear throat, sputum and improves voice quality.
- Take your doctor’s advice before trying these (or any medicines).