Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) is the most widely used for treatment of heart ailments in Ayurveda. Take any Ayurvedic medicine for heart, you will see Arjuna as an ingredient. There are many traditional Ayurvedic home remedies for heart care made with Arjuna. Let us learn about a simple Arjuna – milk heart tonic.
Arjuna (Bark of the plant – Terminalia arjuna) – coarse powder – 10 grams
Boiled and cooled milk – 80 ml
water – 320 ml.
How to prepare?
Take milk and coarse powder of Arjuna bark in a wide mouthed vessel.
Note down the height of the milk in the container, with the help of a spoon or a measuring scale.
Add 320 ml water to it.
Start boiling this liquid in mild heat.
Stir it continuously.
You have to boil and evaporate all the water content from the vessel and the level of the liquid should reduce back to 80 ml. (80 ml of milk, that you have taken).
Once after the boiling is done and 80 ml only remains in the vessel, filter it across a cloth and collect the milk – arjuna heart care remedy.
Dose: 10 – 20 ml – two times a day, before food.
Precaution: Consult your doctor and ask for advice before trying this home remedy.
- In Ayurvedic terms, this process is called as Ksheerapaka. We had previously prepared a garlic milk remedy using same technique.
- Here the water soluble and fat soluble phytochemicals of Arjuna herb is transferred into the medium of milk.
Time required: 15 – 20 minutes
- Once prepared, this can be kept only till 8-12 hours. So if you prepare it in morning, it can be taken till evening.
- It should not be re-heated, once after it cools down.
- Hygiene to be maintained while preparing and storing this remedy.
- Strengthens heart function
- Natural cardiac tonic
- Can be given used as a home remedy during post surgical cardiac care along with other medications.
Where to buy (ad):
Click to buy Arjuna powder
If this home remedy is too hard to follow for you, Arjuna in veg capsule form is also available.