Ayurveda has explained in detail about post natal care of mother. Seasons and place – both have their effect on mental and physical health. Keeping this in mind, Ayurveda has explained in little variations in post natal mother care. Ayurvedic Post Natal Care:
In the last article, we learnt about basics of Ayurvedic post natal care here.
In General following diet for the mother in the first week.
1. Rice gruel mixed with a pinch of ginger and pepper.
2. Horsegram soup added with a spoon of ghee and a pinch of salt.
3. Ash gourd, and radish – fried in ghee.
4. Meat soup – Those accustomed to non veg, can have meat soup.
Post natal care based on season and place:
During winter or rainy season – in cold, moist place –
- Because of coldness, Vata and Kapha will be high. Due to this, digestion power will be low. Hence, initially, ghee is best avoided for initial 3 days.
- Instead, 2 ounce of rice is added with 12 ounce of water, boiled. The scum of this water is added with a pinch of ginger and pepper. This drink is given to mother.
- Once after digestion power is improved, ghee processed with pepper and such other spices are given.
- Ears should be kept closed
- Warm and soothing cloth are preferred.
- Diet and activities with hot qualities are preferred.
- Direct wind exposure is best avoided.
During summer and / or in dry places with high temperature.
- In such places and season Pitta and Vata is high. Hence ghee processed with long pepper etc are administered freely.
- Oil massage with Balaswagandhadi taila / Ksheerabala taila followed by hot water bath is given extra significance.
Click to buy Balaswagandhadi taila from USA or any other part of the world.