Goat milk has many health benefits. Goats have lean built, Goats do not drink much water, do a lot of physical activities and eat grass and plants that are pungent, hot and bitter in taste. These qualities of goat gets attributed to Goat milk, according to Ayurveda. Hence goat milk has its own special importance in Ayurveda.
Goat Milk Benefits:
- Goat milk is best suited for dry and emaciated patients.
- Goat milk improves digestion.
- Goat milk is useful in respiratory disorders. Hence, For patients with respiratory diseases, it makes sense to chose goat milk over cow milk and buffalo milk.
- Goat milk is beneficial in bleeding disorders.
- For those having mild diarrhea or who defecate more than twice a day, goat milk is beneficial.
- Goat milk is not very coolant effect over the body.
- Goat milk improves breast milk production.
Ayurvedic medicines with goat milk as ingredient:
Kumkumadi tailam – Used for acne, scar, blemishes.
Pinda Thailam – Used in the treatment of Gout.
Saraswata Ghrita – Used in treating children with neurological developmental disorders.
Somanatha rasa – Used to treat frequent urination.
Goat milk against diarrhoea - As per the research conducted at University of California, Davis, Goat milk that were genetically modified to produce higher levels of a human antimicrobial protein, (that is present in breast milk) has proved effective in treating diarrhea in young pigs. The research article was published in online scientific journal – PLOS ONE.
Ayurvedic medicines with which, goat milk is advised as co-drink / diet -
Bala Punarnavadi kashayam