Buffalo milk and Buffalo products are widely used in Ayurvedic treatment for various diseases, starting from insomnia to bleeding disorders. Let us explore the benefits of Buffalo products and usage according to Ayurveda.
Buffalo Milk Benefits:
- Of all the Ayurvedic home remedies for inducing normal sleep, buffalo milk is the best. If you have sleep problems, try drinking half a cup of warm buffalo milk at night, one hour before food.
- Buffalo milk is sweet, coolant, takes time to undergo digestion,
- Decreases digestive fire, improves strength and immunity
- Nourishes the body.
- Calms Pitta, relieves burning sensation and useful in skin conditions.
- Buffalo milk with sugar is the drink of choice in summer, as per Ayurveda summer regimen.
Other Buffalo products:
Buffalo yoghurt is highly nutritious, natural aphrodisiac, relieves tiredness, useful in conditions like heavy menstrual bleeding, nasal bleeding etc.
- Buffalo ghee improves skin complexion and quality,
- Improves digestive power, good for eyes.
- Calms Vata and Pitta, improves Kapha
- Useful in bleeding due to intestinal problems, piles and sprue.
Buffalo urine is hot and pungent. Used in the treatment of skin diseases, diabetes, abdominal bloating, hemorrhoids, edema, eye disorders and itching.
Hot, nutritious, induces natural sleep, natural aphrodisiac, increases muscle bulk, calms Pitta, increases breast milk.
Buffalo liver: good for eyes.
Ayurvedic medicines with Buffalo milk as an ingredient:
Pinda Thailam - Used in the treatment of Gout.