Butter is one of the food article that is used in many health conditions in Ayurveda. Here are the butter benefits.
Ayurveda, the Indian system of medicine explains butter benefits as follows -
- Butter is sweet in taste, it is a natural coolant.
- Butter improves taste and digestion
- Butter nourishes the body.
- Butter calms Vata and Pitta.
- According to Ayurveda, Butter is used as a dietary ingredient in conditions like indigestion and Pitta imbalance.
- Butter is also useful in eye related disorders
Freshly prepared butter benefits:
Vrushya – aphrodisiac,
Sheeta – coolant
Varna, bala, agnikrut – improves skin complexion, strength and digestion strength.
Sangrahi – abosrbent, useful in diarrhoea
Vatapittasruk jit – balances Vata, Pitta and detoxifies blood
Kshaya – chronic respiratory disorders leading to emaciation
Arsha – hemorrhoids
Ardita vata – paralysis
Kasa – cough
The butter made directly from milk is
Sangrahi – absorbent, useful in diarrhoea
Raktapittajit – useful in bleeding disorders
Akshirogajit – useful in eye diseases.
Please note that the butter has these benefits, if prepared by the Ayurvedic method click to read How to make butter
More information about Butter –