Is hot water good for drinking? oh yes! it is!!
Hot water drinking is one of the best health tip that I can give for many health conditions. One of the major difference between Ayurveda and Allopathy is - Ayurveda uses physical nature of medicines and food, as much as chemical nature. While allopathic system is heavily dependant upon the chemical property of drug to bring about therapeutic effect.
This is very evident in case of “hot water”. Chemically Hot water is nothing more than H2O. But as per Ayurveda, hot water acts quite differently than cold water over the body.
What is hot water?
Here is the method to prepare hot water.
Take water in a container. Heat it till it starts boiling. Allow it to boil for five minutes. Stop heating.
From there, till the time the warmth of the water is felt by hand, the water is considered as hot water.
How hot water acts?
According to Ayurveda, blockage of different body channels, big and minute, (such as respiratory system, cardiovascular system, etc) by the imbalanced Doshas is one of the major causes of disease manifestation. Hot water avoids this blockage and clears the blockage to an extent. Thus helping in preventing and/or treating diseases.
Hot water health benefits –
- It helps to improve digestion and to relieve indigestion.
- Hot water drinking at night before bed time is an excellent remedy to clear white coated tongue.
- Hot water drinking is one of the major dietary advice in the treatment of cold, cough, respiratory tract infections, Asthma, allergic disorders etc.
- Hot water drinking will reduce the frequency of repeated cold attacks especially in children.
- Hot water drinking is a very good soar throat remedy.
- Drinking a spoon of honey with a glass of water is recommended in obesity treatment.
- Whenever you eat oily food stuff, junk food, or consume ghee, drinking hot water will make your tummy feel lighter. And also, it avoids fat absorption to an extent.
- Hot water cleanses bladder. So, it is the natural most and easily available bladder cleanse medicine.
- Hot water drinking at night is much recommended in the treatment of fever.
- Hot water drinking is highly recommended in cases of rheumatoid arthritis.
Effect of hot water on Doshas –
Hot water calms Vata and Kapha while it elevates Pitta.
Hot water relieves Aama. One of the root cause for most of the diseases.
Some precautions and clarifications:
Regular hot water drinking is not advisable if you often suffer from heat and burning sensation (Pitta body type)
In cases of disease condition, hot water drinking may not be the single solution. Medicines are also required in most of the cases.
Better to consume hot water in warm condition. Too much hot a water may cause damage to tongue.
It is better to consult your Ayurvedic doctor before changing any of your diet changes.