Koluppu katti – multiple lipoma – Ayurvedic treatment possibilities

Recently I have received many inquiries regarding treatment for multiple lipoma, called as Koluppu Katti in Tamil. So, this article intends to explore what Ayurveda offers for the treatment of this disease and what are its limitations.
Lipoma is a fat mass collection in soft body tissues, such as underneath the skin. They are non cancerous in nature. Usually harmless, in few cases, it may cause pain due to pressure over the structure below the lipoma. There are no known medicines to cure it as of now. Surgery is opted for cosmetic purposes, or if the pain and discomfort is severe.

Here are the following Ayurvedic treatment options for this condition. But  please note that these are just the treatment options, without any documented success. These treatments can be tried. But success can not be guaranteed.

Ayurvedic treatment options:

- Since the bulging or the mass is formed due to Fat deposition, there is significant Kapha derangement in the body. Hence patient needs to undergo Vamana - emetic therapy, one among the five important treatment group, called Panchakarma.

Since there is faulty fat metabolism, correction of metabolism with Ayurvedic treatment is required. Vamana therapy helps in this regard.

Ayurvedic procedure called as Udwartana is beneficial to control the further fat deposition.

Ayurvedic text books explain copper as one of the predominant metal used to treat extra growths. So, take water in a copper vessel, keep it over night and drink it the next morning. Precaution: if you feel vomiting sensation, then do not keep it overnight, but keep it for 2 hours and consume.

Ayurvedic medicine – kanchanara guggulu might have some beneficial effect.

Apart from these, on consultation with the Ayurvedic doctor, some of the safe and effective herbo mineral preparations can be tried.

Dr JV Hebbar is an Ayurveda Doctor, Assistant Professor, From Mangalore, India. Click here to consult Dr Hebbar

Comments

1. GOOD SITE DR. SIR!
    It will be better to have a community blog to discuss and find out what is best for specific diseases.

2. hi, i am 31 years old, there is no proper and successful treatment for the lipomas, i have taken the treatment in batras homeopathy clinic, ayurvedic, unnani from last several years but there is no response, 8 years back by surgery i has removed nearly 5 lipomas, i assume by removing the lipomas surgically they are multiplying, at present i am having nearly 25 lumps

• Yes. Even in my experience, the Panchakarma treatment that I have tried have not been successful in treating lipoma. I only meant to clarify about this with the above article.
      But surgery increases lipomas is a myth.

• i have only one lipomas on my face. but after removing it from surgery it will increase to about 10 lipomas on my body now.

Sorry that I do not have any treatment for this condition.
          Surgery might not be the cause of eruption of new lipomas. I think it was just a matter of coincidence.

3. gurunath s bowlekar says:

lipomas are not killer desease but can make someone feel at unease throughout the life so drastic solution is a need of hour as there are so many cases of lipoma patient

4. I am 26 years old.I am taking kanchanara guggulu since a month it is showing slight results.But my periods have been delayed by almost 15 days now.Is it normal for such a change.

5. Santosh Kr Gupta says:

sir,

I am having multiple lipoma glands in my body. i have tried so many medicines but no results.
    Pls suggest the treatment for me

6. i am 29unmarried having around 15 multiple lipoma, if i get married whether it will affect my wife.

7. dhiren says:

i have lots of lipoma i’m still searching for teatment
    want to now what is Kanchanara guggulu.
    please help

It is one of the medicines used to treat cysts and growths. It has some minor effect to control lipoma. read more about it here – http://easyayurveda.com/2009/11/10/kanchnar-guggulu/

• hello sir i am 21 years old…and having almost more than 50 liphomas…as they r right now small so they r not clearly visible outside but as time passes they grow like human baby……i am worried as i goggled i got information that it may be hereditary so there is lots of chances to get my child…………..i visited top hospitals all doctors raised there hand and said “no doctor in the world can cure this”…..i am very afraid from it..please find solution for this………….if this would happens at old age no one would care so much…but at young it is very disgusting..my parents and no one in my four father generation r suffer from liphomas…i am not understanding how did i got stuck in it

Like I said, I do not have any sure shot treatment for this.

• Hi nitinshetty,
          I’m also suffering the same exact problem. My uncle has some 50/100 tumours (almost table tennis ball size) distributed throughout his body. Surgery generally is not the answer and only some 2 or 3 big tumours can be removed at a time(and it leaves really bad scars). If too many tumours grow big in size surgery will be very tough to perform.

I advice following some sort of ayurvedic treatment before the thing gets out of hand(like it has for my uncle). I tried ayurvedic treatment for some 10 months with minimal improvements but not much, but atleast something is better than nothing. Still trying new treatments with help of Hebbar sir to beat the disease.(but no success yet)

I am also suffering from the same disease :(. But most of the tumours are small and i had 2 big ones removed last year.

8. I tried losing weight and improving metabolism.So far lost 16 kg and one lipomas which was of golf ball size reduced to 1/4.The smaller one dissappeared. Now because of losing weight 3 are visible like 3 pack from my 8 pack muscle.I have started doing abs exercises to stress these area.Although area these tease me with little pain due to exercise but I’ll try atleast one more month of my brisk walking and exercise.For diet I have reduced my fat intake and added flaxseed in various dishes.Other thing which I do is to drink warm water,if possible with lemon juice.I tell my body daily to reduce these lumps.I will update this next month for results.If someone else tried this before,please update me for results.I hope that other lumps(5-6)will also reduce and ultimately disappear.

9. Hi,
    What are the chance of my children getting these if I am suffering from this condition?

10. devakumar says:

hello sir,
    nice page to read thank you for spend time for this .i have skin tags and tinea versicolor in my body with lipoma .in this lipoma in uncurable so, tell me the treatment for the other two 1.skin tags,2.tinea versicolor

Hi, sorry to say that I have not treated any lipoma with succcess.
      Even the skin tags are hard to go with Ayurvedic medicines.

11. Ayurveda (traditional medicine practiced in India)
    Proper exercise (cardio)
    Proper diet (no junk food, limit carbs and proteins, eat raw food)
    Liver detox (with fresh squeezed juice, milk thistle, eleuthero or Siberian ginseng. turmeric)
    Limit to only two orgasms per week
    Liver flush presented as optional extra method (with water, epsom salts, olive oil or sunflower oil, grape fruit or any other sour fruit juice, organic apple juice)

That’s it. In 5 to 6 months following the methods one should expect disappearance of small lipomas and a reduction in larger ones.

12. RAFI

can you explain once again last statement please and also Dr J V Hebbar sir

13. drink 1 glass warm milk with 1 tbsp turmeric powder in it. its a home remedy known to reduce lipoma.

manish yadav

Hi, This is a good remedy for allergic rhinitis and allergic skin conditions. Not sure of its effectiveness on lipoma.

14. Hi Friends,
    Surgery and doing intense exercise wiil increase lipoma, reason : Lactic acid is generated more when we do intense exercise, as it should burn out naturally for other people ,cuz of our rare condition it wont burn so it will keep depositing and getting more am not discouraging you, this is what i got from my experience,
    Due to back pain i did more dead lift to strengthen my lower back later few weeks i noticed many lipoma popping out, God can only save us. Their is no medicine for this shit if some one find any good result pls email me anand89ce@gmail.com thank you

Write your opinion about this article