72890 - june 2013

Brahma rasayana – Best of natural remedies for stress and tiredness chronic.

There are many Ayurvedic herbal products explained for natural rejuvenation. Among them, Brahma rasayana stands as the choicest natural remedy for stress and tiredness chronic. It is an herbal jam preparation (similar to chyawanprash).

Brahma rasayana Benefits:

Brahmanaa vihitam dhanyamidam praashya rasaayanam ||

Tandraa shramaklama vali palitaamaya varjitaaha |

Medhaasmrutibalopetaa babdhoovuramitaayushaha ||  - Ashtanga Hrudaya Uttara sthana – 39/22-23.

This herbal recipe has been prescribed by Lord Brahma. It rejuvenates the body and fights against tiredness, fatigue, early grey hairs, wrinkling (Skin rejuvenation and hair rejuvenation). It is the best anti aging formula.  It also improves intelligence, memory and immune power.

- It is a good natural rejuvenating anti aging formula

- It helps to fight tiredness, fatigue, stress and aging.

Brahma rasayanam dosage: 10 grams in the morning with half glass of warm milk or warm water, half an hour before breakfast.

Brahma Rasayanam (250g)
Brahma Rasayanam (250g)
Nagarjuna
Buy Now $13.50 $10.80!

Buy from Madanapalas

Key ingredients:

Shankhapushpi (Clitoria ternatea), Vacha (Acorus calamus) – Excellent memory enhancer, improves speaking capability

Amla (Indian gooseberry) – Excellent rejuvenator and anti oxidant.

Dashamoola, Pippali (Piper longum), Ela (Elttaria cardamomum)  Twak (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) – improves strength of respiratory system

Guduchi (Indian tinospora) – Powerful immunomodulator herb
Shatavari (Asperagus racemosus) – good for male and female reproductory systems and for gastric complaints.

Haridra  – highly recommended anti allergic agent. good for skin, lungs and fights against cancer.

Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa), Ikshu(Saccharum officinarum), Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), Musta (Cyperus rotundus), Usheera (Vetivaria zizanioides) – cleanses and rejuvenates kidneys and bladder.

Bala  – improves overall strength,

Vidanga – Embeila ribes- fights against toxins and micro organisms bacteria

Along with these, Brahma rasayana also contains Bimbi (coccinea indica – fights against fever), Jivanti (Holostemma annulare – a rejuvenator), yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) etc. herbs.

Which bring act synergistically on the body to bring about overall rejuvenation benefits.

Total list of ingredients of Brahma Rasayan-

• Pathya – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula – 1000 fruits
  • Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinalis Gaertn.  – 3000 fruits
  • 480 g coarse powder of each of
  • Mashaparni – Teramnus labialis / Vigna radiata
  • Mudgaparni – Green gram – Phaseolus trilobus
  • Shatavari – Asparagus racemosus root
  • Meda – Litsea monopetala
  • Jivanti – Leptadenia reticulata
  • Jivaka -  Malaxis acuminata
  • Rishabhaka – Manilkara hexandra (Roxb.) Dubard / Mimusoops hexandra Roxb.
  • Shali – Rice – Oryza sativa
  • Kasha – Saccharum spontaneum
  • Shara – Serratophyllum submersom
  • Darbha – Saccharum spontaneum
  • Ikshu – Sugarcanne – Saccharum officinarum
  • Water for decoction – 120 liters, boiled and reduced to 12 liters, filtered.
  • 192 g of fine powder of each of –
  • Sitopala – Sugar candy – 48 kg
  • Sarpi – Cow ghee – 9.219 kg
  • Taila – Sesame oil – Sesamum indicum – 6.144 kg
  • Kshaudra – Honey – 15.360 kg

Reference: Ashtanga Hrudayam Uttarasthana, 39/15-23

Experimental and clinical study reports on Brahma Rasayana –
1. Studies in mice has demonstrated Brahma rasayana enhances the proliferation of spleen and marrow cells, humoral immunity, tumor cell killing activities. (Kumar, Kuttan & Kuttan 1999 a & b)
2. Administration of BR (Brahma Rasayana) accelerated the recovery of the haemopoetic system as seen by a rapid rise in total leukocytes. Both lymphocytes and neutrophils were significantly increased by Rasayana treatment.

3. Brahma rasayana inhibited methylcholanthrene induced sarcoma development.

0saves
Dr JV Hebbar is an Ayurveda Doctor, Assistant Professor, From Mangalore, India. Click here to consult Dr Hebbar

Comments

1. Where can I buy Brahma Rasyana? And how much does it cost?
    Thanks for your kind attention and reply.
    Joseph

2. Pardeep M Bhatia says:

A wonderful wonder drug from Ayurveda. My personal experience tells that it can repair even bone remodeling, useful in pain management, heart disease, could possibly be useful for a number of cancers such as osteosarcoma since my own TMJ seem to be cured.

Ideally I would like to coming congressional congress but I myself have not reached there yet, so for now it is simply a a grateful and respectful thanks to the Indian Ayurveda and our great old Rishis. After all ” old is Gold several times” in human history.

Pardeep M Bhatia, Farmington, CT, USA.

3. Krishnamurthi says:

Excellent ayurveda drug and people who are at their 82nd year like me are assured of total perfect health. It is my personal experience. This can be safely administered from children to the senior citizens. –Krishnamurthi

4. shajukalarickal says:

its a wonder rasayana…..thanks for our ancient physicians

5. suryakrishnamurthi says:

this has helped me to come over problems of memory and at my age 81 I feel very best health in day to day life.Krishnamurthi

6. i feel more energetic and active. the results are really good

7. I purchased Kottkal brand, but the composition is different which is mentioned over here. Please let me know why so.

Regards
    Nihar

8. kamaljit singh says:

Dear Dr. J V Hebbar,

I read your book on herbs which can be used daily. It effected me positively. Also i am grateful for your blog and responses to queries.

Regards
    kamaljit singh

9. mrs dana urban says:

I live in the UK and would be grateful if you could kindly let me know where I can buy Brahmirasayana within UK please or is there a manufacturer in India whom you would recommend? Many grateful thanks in advance.

I was not able to find out a store in UK which sells India made Brahma Rasayana.
      But we can send it directly to you, manufactured at – AVN Ayurveda Formulations Pvt. Ltd Madurai, India.

Let me know if interested.

Or else, this Indian web store also sells Brahma Rasayana and they claim to ship even to UK – http://www.madanapalas.com/brahma-rasayan-250g-p-377.html

• subodh dhond says
        Dear Dr J v hebbar ,

I am taking Dabur chavanprash in canada , but I dont see any other products or ayurvedic store in canada but i see natural products which are too expensive, Is there is restriction for importin ayurvedic products do you whre i can check policies in canda about importin ayurvedic medicine

thanks

10. I’m pregnant and i wonder if it is ok to take this???

I do not recommend this during pregnancy. Better to avoid this. During lactation, it is fine, but not during pregnancy.

11. does it helps in overcuming anxiety tics

12. Jit Senapati says:

Can it be used for tiredness due to cancer???
    Reply soon

Ye surely. But if patient is diabetic, then care needs to be taken.
      It is also one of the co-prescribed medicines in patients undergoing chemotherapy.

13. harshit kankariya says:

on being having higher cholestrol can brahmarasyana bring it to normal level

Brahma Rasayana would not do harm, if a person with high cholesterol level takes it. But there are better targeted Ayurvedic medicines to fight cholesterol. Consult your Ayurvedic doctor for right medicine and dose.

14. Siddharth says:

what rasayanas or ayurvedic medicines are god for adrenal weakness. I was on prednisone for 6 months a long time ago and feel that my adrenals never recovered completely.

15. what is the diffrence between Brahma rasyan and Chywan prasa? why do we need to brahma rasyan or chywan prasa if both are giving same benefits?Brahma rasyan is not suitable for youth ?so can we have brahma rasyan and chywan prasa take dose as morning and evng(C.P) will you suggest both?As you know that Brhama rasayan is less avialbility in market

16. Binu. K says:

Is a prescription needed to take brahma rasayana, or can i take it without prescription?

If you go to any Ayurvedic shop and ask for it, you will get it without prescription.
      But if you ask me, be it any small or big Ayurvedic medicine, it is always better to consult an Ayurvedic doctor for right dose, timing of medicine intake and right co-drink.

17. please let me know the side effects if any from this medicine, as my grand father is using it for stage-4 papillary thyroid carsinoma with mets near lumbar l4 and l5 region and also near chest and also lymphonodes are affected.

I hope your grand father is using this medicine under medical supervision. There are no known side effects with this medicine.
      But it may increase blood sugar levels, since it contains sugar.

18. March 2010, manufactured Brahmarasayanam of kottakal is still left,more than 1/2.Can I use it? With plain warm milk or can I add bounvita.Please let me know, mine is vatha.Can it be taken regularly like chavanprash for life time?

It can be taken like Chyawanprash for a long period of time. But consult your doctor once, to check how long you actually need it. Since the one you have at your hand is already opened, and it is 2.5 year old, I would suggest you to discard it and buy a new one. You can take it along with bournvita, if you feel comfortable. :)

19. Khalid Hamza says:

Can a patient suffering from ulcerative colitis use Brahmirasayana. Will it aggravate the symptoms?

Compared to Chyawanprash, it is a lot less spicy and less likely to upset mucosal lining. Hence, it can be generally assumed to be safe in Ulcerative colitis. But can not guarantee to the full.

20. Prajakt Rawte says:

Good morning doctor!!
    I have been having Bramha Rasayan since past 2 months. Everytime I go to buy new bottle, I get a different brand. First I got was from Vaidyaraj Oushadhsala, Thrissur, Kerala, then all of them were from Nagarjuna, Ahmadabad. Which is the best brand? The one from Nagarjuna contains more gooseberry than the other one, I think. Kindly advise.
    -Prajakt

It is better to buy one particular medicine from one particular brand, when aiming for long term use. Try to buy online.
      Brahma rasayan formula is universal and the same. Hence, it can not be said that Nagarjuna contains more gooseberry.
      Both Vaidyarathnam and Nagarjuna are quite good and reputed brands.

21. Sir the list of ingredients that u have listed for Brahma Rasayana is from Ashtang Hridayam or from any other source.

22. Is Brahma Rasayana good medicine for anxiety and panic attacks? I suddenly started getting feelings of severe anxiousness, stress, panic and depression a few months back. I went to the local doctor, no physical problems were found. I don’t want to take anti-depressants. We have some Brahma rasayana at home and I have been taking it every now and again. Please advise.
    Thanks,

DK

Yes, it helps to relieve anxiety. Take it for a week if the symptoms do not improve, consult your doctor.

23. Is it beneficial in cerebral palsy? My 2 yr old child has it.

Yes, it is useful to some extent. But consult an Ayurveda doctor directly. There are better medicines and treatments.

24. Great article doctor.Thanks for a very good explanation

Write your opinion about this article